Chapter 5: The Chase

Mabel/Pacifica's POV
Dipper took our- my hand and starting sprinting for our lives. Who would've thought it would come to two of us being fused, led by Dipper, running from a gigantic monster. IT'S INSANE! Eugh.

"WHAT DO WE DO?," I- We- I yelled, looking back at the thing. It had crystals sticking out of its skin; which was made out of stone or rocks or something.

"JUST KEEP RUNNING!," Dipper screamed, twisting and turning between trees, trying to get the monster off of our tails. BUT IT WAS CRAZY, PACIFICA! THE MONSTER WAS LIKE PEW PEW! AND WE KEPT ON RUNNING! AND- Yeah, we ran. A lot. Anyways, as I was saying, the monster was getting closer, and both of us were getting tired. "WE CAN'T KEEP RUNNING FOREVER, YOU KNOW!," I yelled while panting, starting to slow down. Dipper, however, turned his head, and nodded. "We're getting out of this! AND I'M FINDING A WAY TO UNFUSE YOU TWO!" He started to sprint with all his might, pulling us deeper into the forest.

"ARE YOU INSANE?!"

"PROBABLY!"

At this point, the forest was getting darker and darker, with less light shining through the trees. IT WAS LIKE A SCARY MOVIE! Or... a really scary fantasy movie! You get the gist. Anyway, our sprinting eventually came to halt, all three- or both of us panting. To think we would have more energy with two of us in one body... Only a line of light shone through the cracks of the leaves at this point, and the ground was becoming more damp.

"Eugh, why's it so muddy over here..." I grumbled, pulling my foot up from the wet ground. We kept on walking. The monster may still be near for all we knew. I picked up my foot again, this time the mud dripping down, near the consistency of water. Dipper didn't seem to mind it, however. And every time we- or I stopped, he said to keep moving forward. Aside from that, he was silent. He seemed...almost...angry.

I watched as he trudged along, almost stomping his feet into the mud. It was obvious he didn't know where he was going. But at the same time, it looked like he did know. "Hey, Dip Dop... Where are we exactly going...?", I asked, my voice shaking a little. "You can't ignore me forever." But it seemed like he could. "Why won't you just talk to me? Maybe make this a little easier for both of us."

Dipper's onward march suddenly screeched to a stop. "Both? And you didn't even stutter...?"

"Yeah, I mean, there's only two of us, right? Me and you- EUGH, what's happening... I don't like this... Me neither..."

"Uh, uh... Let's just... Get back to the Shack... Maybe Stan knows something about this... Or we could actually tell Soos and Wendy what's really going on." Dipper shook his head, and suddenly took a sharp right. How did he even know in the slightest where he was headed? That was pretty out of the question at this point in time. It was pretty strange, however.

We then walked. For what seemed like forever. "Dipper, are we there yet?"

"Uh, no." He turned his head, facing me. "But when we get there, we're gonna try and find a cure to all of this as quickly as possible. I don't really know how we'll do it, considering going to the source of the problem was utterly fruitless. But, uh, we'll figure something out. Promise."

"Super secret twin promise? And Pacifica promise...?"

"Yeah, super secret twin promise, including Pacifica."

( hey guys! sorry for such a late update... it's been a while, hasn't it? this story, however, is NOT cancelled. a lot has gone on in these months I haven't done anything, and I promise you all that I'm definitely continuing this. Thanks for 1K reads! - grace )