Chapter 1: The Finding

Dipper's POV
"Bye Mabel!", I shouted with a grin. I didn't exactly understand as to why she didn't want to go mystery hunting today. Seemed a bit odd. I ran into the forest, Journal 3 under my arm, ready to find something weird; or as weird as it could get, considering we've found mostly everything this town has to offer.

I looked around at my surroundings, grinning at the wildlife before me. Not the same wildlife you would think of, though. There were jackalopes, some gnomes, and a few vampire bats floating around. Not to mention the occasional floating eyeball. I sat down on a log, flipping through the pages of the Journal. "Caught this, did that, found this, saw th-Wait, not this one...", I said with a pause. "This is something different." I studied the page, thinking out loud. "A Fusion Rock. When used, two bodies are merged into one. Be weary, though, if broken, the rock-", there weren't any words left to read after that line.
-~-
At this point, I ran as deep as I could into the forest, looking around for any mines or crystals or anything. I ran as fast as I could, dodging the gremloblin and giant butterfly getting in my way. I panted, falling over. I was at the edge of some hill. "Uh oh.", I yelped, falling down it. "This- reminds me- of- something- else- from this- summer!", I screamed between bumps, hoping to get some type of help. It was basically useless. "WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN WHEN I TRY TO FIND A ROCK OR CRYSTAL?!", I screamed, still falling. The Journal flung out of my arms into the distance. My eyes widened with shock, and then slammed shut.

I awakened in some grotto with lush trees and some rock, sitting on a stump. I forgot why I was there at first, but then I realized, "The rock! Yes!", I squealed with excitement. "I gotta show Mabel this! Right after I get out of this place... Somehow...", I sighed, beginning my trek back up what seemed like a mountain.