Chap 51.

[ Anna's POV ]

I gasp softly when Aiden puts his hand on my thigh. I pull my lips in and ignore his stare. Why did I agree to this date again?
Oh, yes, to move on with my life.

I turn my head slightly and glance at Aiden from the corner of my eye. His hand slowly travels up my leg, stopping on my waist. His warmth burns through my thin dress and I shift awkwardly on his bed, but I can't really move since he's got me trapped against the wall. "I won't do anything if you don't want me to," Aiden speaks up, his voice blocks out the girl who's screaming in the horror movie we're watching. I usually love to watch them, but I couldn't really focus on this one, with Aiden right next to me. I can feel his breath on my bare neck.

"I-," I try to come up with an excuse to leave, but my mind draws a blank. "I've never... I don't-" A blush creeps up my face and I bite my lip, mentally slapping myself. Really, Anna? Really?
"Oh, I thought...," Aiden trails off and moves away from me, sitting up.

"Yeah, so...," a silence falls upon us, the horror movie the only thing heard. I move his laptop away and stand up from his bed, smoothing out my dress. "I- I'll go home." I try to look at anything but his eyes. I fumble with my necklace and tap my foot on his floor.

"I can drive you home? You shouldn't be walking without a jacket, it's freezing out," Aiden eyes my body again, making me squirm. "If it's okay with you?"

"Uhm," I hesitate, but nod. "Yeah, thanks."

He opens his door, letting the loud music hit our ears and walk downstairs, but another guys gets ahold of Aiden. "Mate! You should go over there, they're playing beer pong!" a guy yells at Aiden and points his finger at the crowd, but Aiden shakes his head. "No, no, I gotta take her home, man." He puts his arm around my shoulder and I smile at the guy.

"Oh, that's fine. My little brother can take her home, you should stay!" the guy yells again and grabs the guy behind him, pulling him in the front. "Ah, Anna," the British accent greets me, over the loud music as I smile at the familiar boy.

"Ethan, what a coincidence!" I laugh and shake my head, looking up at Aiden. "It's okay, Aiden. I know him." He couldn't appear at a better time. I know it would be really awkward in Aiden's car, with what happened in his room a couple minutes ago, so I'm happy to accept Ethan's nice gesture. He's nice to me, for someone who just met me, but also a little creepy. The conversation we had before he left the classroom today has me thinking. 

"No, I asked you out, I should take you home at least," Aiden tries to protest, but Ethan chimes in. "I will take her home, you should celebrate your friend's party, mate."

"I don't know... Have you been drinking?" Aiden asks and I glance at the red cup in his hand, but Ethan shakes his head and brings the cup to my face. "It's coke."

"Okay, then," Aiden finally agrees. Thank God, I wasn't really looking forward to an awkward ride with Aiden and him asking me questions about my love life. Not like I know Ethan that well, I just met him today. "Be safe and text me when you're home, 'kay?" Aiden puts his hands on my waist and leans in for a kiss, but I quickly turn my head, letting his lips touch the corner of my mouth. He frowns and I muster a small smile, while ignoring Ethan's brother, who's trying to hold his laughter. 

The guys disappear into the dancing crowd and I turn my head, looking at Ethan. He changed out of his sweater he had on this afternoon, now wearing a sleeveless striped shirt, ripped jeans, paired with black Vans. He throws a denim jacket over his shoulder and tries to hide his grin, acting like he didn't notice me checking him out.

"My car is parked behind the house," Ethan says and grabs my wrist, dragging me through the room. 

---