Chap 49.

* Four months later, December 15th *

[ Anna's POV ]

Four months. It has been four months and I'm still shocked from what happened. After grandpa dragged me out of the cabin and drove us straight to the airport, I could finally take a break from all the craziness and think about what just happened, which made me cry again. 

When we stepped out of the cab in Brooklyn, I went straight to my room and packed all my things, while grandpa told dad and Jasmine everything. I talked to Ella for hours, explaining what had been going on for the past months and called mom. I was surprised when mom knew about Antonio and the Italian mafia and she convinced me to stay at her new apartment in NYC, till I could get another place on campus. Ella has to stay in Brooklyn with dad and Jasmine, because she still has one year of highschool left.

Dad gave me the acceptance letter from NYU when the cab to the Big Apple was in front of our house and Jasmine smiled for the first time I arrived, through her tears, so I knew that it contained good news.

After staying at my mom's for two months, I got a job at an old café around the block and decided to get a small apartment with Jane, who also goes to NYU and Chanel, who goes to Columbia. It's a small apartment above a sushi bar, owned by a very nice young couple.

I still haven't talked to my grandparents and I stopped answering dad's calls. He kept talking my ear off and his never ending questions about my mental state were getting me on my nerves. Jasmine still lives at his house and he's helping her deal with everything that revolves around Chris and Jessica's death.

Mom has been very understanding and she even switched jobs. She went from a very stressed, yelling mother, working as an assistant for some fashion company, to a respected, single mom who opened her own shop, selling vintage clothes.

I open the front door of the bar, embraced by the warmth and the delicious smell of sushi, while I shake off the small layer of snow that fell on me during my walk home from campus.

"Ah, Anna!" Lily, the Japanese woman who owns the bar walks past me with two plates on her hands and Jae, the Korean guy who also owns the place smiles at me from behind the counter.
"Jane and her boyfriend are already upstairs," Jae says as I walk by. 

It still amazes me that Jane is actually in a serious relationship. I never knew this day would come, but apparently, all it took was a cute brunette who works at her gym. One day, she also convinced me to go to the gym with her, but after she didn't show up, I started looking for her and ended up finding her kissing Brian in the small bar next to the gym. She confessed that she had been seeing him for a few weeks and that they started to get pretty serious. Of course I was happy for her, but it stung a little. 

I nod at Jae and turn the corner, opening the door next to the kitchen. I can hear the sound of metal plates or cutlery getting thrown on the floor, before Japanese curse words are being yelled. I smile to myself and open the door, jogging up the stairs to our apartment. 

I unlock our front door and my eyes meet Jane and Brian, who are making out on the couch. Again. Great.

I awkwardly clear my throat and grin as Jane looks up. "You guys are at it again, I see? You know that you have your own room here, right?"

"We gotta make things interesting around here," Brian chuckles and stands up. "Especially since you've been rejecting every guy who asks you out." 

My face pales a little, even though it was red from the coldness outside, a few seconds ago and I gulp, looking at Jane for help. We have tried to avoid the topics 'Chris' and 'boyfriend' as much as possible, but we haven't told Brian about it of course.

"Leave her alone," Jane slaps Brian's arm and shoots him a glare, while he puts up his hand and walks a few steps away. "I'm just saying. My friends have been hitting on you, you know."

"I know, they're not very subtle. But I don't wanna date right now," I stand up straight and look at him, "I'm recovering from something."

Just as the words leave my mouth, the front door gets opened again, this time by a very excited Chanel, but she really does get excited about everything. She recently cut off her beautiful long hair and threw away all her dresses, saying she's 'not that little girl anymore'. I mentally scoff, yeah, right. She buys Dino Bites every chance she gets and goes crazy when we buy food that's not shaped like some sort of animal.

Chanel jumps a few times and runs towards me, embracing me in a tight hug, before running over to Jane and doing the same to her. She squeals and holds an envelope in her hand, waving it in front of our faces. 

"You know that huge event on Christmas in Los Angeles that everyone's tweeting and instagramming about?" Chanel rattles and waves her arms around. "I won three tickets to it!"

"Wait, what?" Jane yells, standing up from the couch and snatches the envelope out of Chanel's hand.

"Yes, I won the fricking tickets!" Chanel screams again and I gasp, examining the letter in the envelope. Chanel had told us about some radio contest, but I forgot about it. The tickets were already sold out in November and I didn't really wanted to go anyways. Or so I thought. But who was I kidding? This would be the biggest event in the year and I really wanted to go, but it was way too expensive with everything we have to pay for. It will be really nice to dress up and go to a fancy party like this, just to forget about everything for a few days. 

"I fucking love you!" Jane breaks my thoughts by yelling and hugs Chanel again, jumping up and down with her. Brian stands next to me and grabs the letter from me, reading it out loud. "Dear blablabla, more shit... Oh, here it is. We are happy to inform you that you were chosen from our long list of candidates. This envelope contains three tickets to 'The Christmas Ball' in Los Angeles, three airplane tickets to LAX and three keys to your hotel rooms for the hotel we selected for you to stay, for the following people; Chanel,  Anna, and Jane. Have a safe flight and happy holidays," he looks up and chuckles. "They really did pay for everything."

"I'm can't believe that you actually won," I laugh and sit down on the couch, holding my cold hand against my warm cheek. I grab my phone out of my bag and dial dad, waiting for him to pick up. "Yes, dad? I can't spend Christmas at your house anymore." 

[ A/N ]

ooooooh what could happen in LA? ;)

Yeeeeees, I've decided to start with chapter 49, since that's where I left off in Different Thoughts. But it confuses you too much, just let me know and i'll have it changed :)

this is just a filler chapter, nothing exciting yet. but shit will go down, are you ready?

*don't forget to vote, comment and share!*

instagram: tjiatjia

tumblr: goodvibesareloading