Lunchtime

It was lunch time at the newspaper headquarters where all the members were going out for lunch or having it at their respective stations . Barry and River always went to Wallflower, a cafe nearby. Alex and Max went to Starbucks to eat their lunch and Rosa met her rich fiancé at a posh restro near his office. That left Campari and Harry back at the office to eat their packed lunch.

Harry opened his lunchbox to face the same old sandwich of white bread crust less, mayo and chicken with a flask of lemon tea. It was his favourite lunch, but today he didn't feel like eating. To say he was depressed would an understatement. For the last six months, this place was acting as hell. He missed his mum and home so much, and the only reason he moved from Cheshire was because he thought that this job was going to be dream job.

Which was absolutely not the case for him.

Ever since Harry could remember he loved writing. He loved weaving up stories and giving life to characters  which took him to a different planet altogether. He received many accolades for his writing so it was very obvious to Harry and his family that he would go into writing, or journalism, writing columns and all.
Which wasn't easy as it seemed to him a couple of months ago.

Sighing, he picked up the sandwich and stuffed it in his mouth chewing mechanically, and reached for a manila folder kept at the very end of his table drawer.
Opening the folder, he went over all his writings which had been printed till date. Ranging from a column about a old bakery closing in his locality to rise on cat food price in recent time. Gulping down some of his lemon tea , he couldn't help but accept the fact that there was no spark in his writings and columns. They were written in an old classic type, just straight cut facts. It lacked that charm, spark, humour which was eloquently showcased in Barry's writing or River's writing.

He needed to write about something exciting, riveting to blow Sanders mind off. He needed and wanted to. He was going to prove that he is an mature writer. But the question was, what will he write?

Finishing off the crumbs of his long gone sandwich and gulping down the last sip of his lemon tea, he dropped the folder on his messy table and walked towards the washbasin crossing Campari's table on the way.

Campari computer screen brightly shone and the headlines written on the article opened on the screen grabbed Harry's attention.

"People getting caught up in the messy web of drug crimes - Is Lenin Street the hub for drugs?"

A sly smile came up on Harry's face as he washed his hands and went back to his station.

He finally got the topic to write about.
Exciting, Riveting, Mature.

Just like Sanders wanted.

Crimes, Drugs.

-----------

Hi!

Hope ya'all like it!

All the love,
Rumi :)