Just Another Day.

It was just another day at the office of City Times.

Atleast for some.

The monthly meeting was taking place which was headed by Andrew Sanders the Editor - in - Chief of the paper surrounded by his crew of journalists and reporters. The seat of honour next to Sanders seat was of Barry West, City Times favourite reporter,with his killer smile and out of the box stories was certainly a favorite among the ladies and the Chief. He kept glancing at his story making small changes here and there, before Chief started the meeting.

Next to West, sat Rosa Miller, the sports journalist. She was the workplace princess with everyone fawning over her. It certainly didn't help that she had perfect manners and was the kindest person around. She was flicking through the pages of Vogue, circling outfits which caught her eye.

Next to Miller sat the Drew twins. Alex and Max Drew were totally unlike each other. Alex was a total girlie girl painting her nails while waiting for the meeting to start and Max dozed on the table with Green Day blasting through the earplugs he was wearing. They were the best of teams, but always fought.

Opposite of Drews sat River Lane, the resident fashionista, wearing the Seasons trends and always ready to give fashion tips, though she was very blunt telling anyone with mismatched clothes 'a slob'.

Next to Lane sat Harry Styles. The blacksheep of the crew,with his clumsy ways and drawly way of talking and dry humour he was least popular with Sanders. He was fidgeting with the rings of his fingers which Sanders hated.

The only person who voluntarily sat beside Styles was Campari. Campari was City Times dark horse, never talking much but giving the best story of the month for 3 months straight. Campari was always on his phone typing away,never interacting with anyone. Today was no exception of course.

Sanders flew in at noon sharp with Lilly Frank hot on his heels. Lilly had the unfortunate job of being Sanders assistant and she was a timid person always scared to talk in front of Sanders.

Sanders threw the files on the table and took his seat after rewarding Barry West a friendly slap on the back. With his gruff voice he said "Morning people. I've gone over everyone's stories and here are the corrections required. West your story about the homeless musicians was a gem,Great job . Rosa your report was good, but get some quotes from that Murray guy who plays tennis and we'll be fine. Drews your story needs some thorough editing, specially Max's,who is amazingly awake during a meeting. Lane, I'll be needing the revised version of the column and stop reading Vogue when I'm talking. Campari, I'd like to talk with you later in my office. That's mainly it.. Anyone I forgot? "

Harry sunk into his chair awaiting his name to be called by Sanders, who smiled coldly at him.

" What about Styles, Chief? "Barry put forward. For Barry, monthly meetings did not end without insulting Harry.

" Of course " said Sanders" How could I forget our great reporter who talks about inflation of cat food, Styles, you need to grow the fuck up. For the last six months all the reports you've submitted are rubbish. I give you 1 month to write me another proper story.. If that turns out to be rubbish as well, I'll fire your ass. Am I clear? "

" Yes " said Harry, looking down at his notebook.

" Yes what? "

" Yes, Chief. "

" Good. Back to work everyone! Time is news and news is money, Chop chop " with that Sanders left as quickly has he came.

Everyone left a sigh of relief after Sanders left. As per routine, Alex and River went near to listen to Barry'stories about how Sanders had called him last night and told him how he was the next in the line for being chief. Max put on his earplugs again and went back to his station.

Campari, Harry and Rosa were the only ones left on the table. Rosa collected her papers and gave a sympathetic look towards Harry before saying 'It'll be alright Harry' and breezing out. Campari, without looking up from his phone walked out leaving Harry behind.

It was just another day at the office of City Times.

Atleast for some.

----

Hi everyone!

Hope you liked the first chapter :)

Rumi xx