6. Little Things

"OMG! Hahaha! Oh Liam! Look at you! You are soaking wet! What like you went to swim in coffee?!" Harry asked as Liam, Josh and Zayn entered Nando's. Zayn and Josh caught my attention and I bursted out in laughter.

"Not just Liam! Zayn and Josh too! What have you guys been up to? The smell of the coffee is so strong!"

"Oh drop it guys," Zayn said in frustration as the three of them took the seats next to me and Harry. They all looked very angry.

"No seriously what actually happened?" I asked, faking to sound concerned, even thought my cheeks were growing bigger and bigger in my attempt of surprising a laughter. This only helped me earn glare from the three very annoyed boys.

"No what happened, seriously. I know you guys aren't really a fan of, you know, casually swimming in coffee," Harry stated, laughing again, picking out a piece finger fry out of Josh's hair.

"No stop, jokes apart. What happened?" I asked, trying my best to actually sound serious.

"Ugh.. Nothing... You know we actually when to a cheep café so we could, you know, not get mobbed by fans. But it turns out..." Liam trailed off.

"It turns out we get mobbed by endless showers of coffee. Along with "yum" snacks, may I add," Zayn continued in his Bradford accent.

"Well this girl serving us the coffee decided it would be better if we rather smelt like it than to drink it." Josh stated, as a matter of fact.

"Really who is this 'girl'," I asked imitating the word girl.

"I don't know.. Someone.. Hey can you order us dinner too?" Josh completed.

~~~

After the dinner, Josh went to his apartment and me, Harry and Liam came back to our house.

"I am off to bed boys!" I informed them as took off to my room. Today, I did not a receive single call from her apart from the morning. Maybe she was just a lost girl, finally seeking comfort from a loved one. I brushed it off.

I snuggled in deeper in my covers, still thinking about her.

~~~~

RING RING RING

My phone rung, ripping me out of my sleep. I groaned as I moved inside my blanket, covering my ears hoping it would stop. It could be her, I thought as my eyes shot open and my hands started to search for my phone. I gripped my vibrating phone, checking the time. It was 4:30am and I recognised the number. It felt like she still was having trouble sleeping.

"Hello," I answered.

Sniffing or crying was all I could hear.

"It's alright love, I am right here. You don't have to say anything." I told her. She didn't have to say anything to me to let me know what she wanted, I understood. I don't know why, but it felt like I had developed some sort of connection with her.

"Can I sing to you?" I asked, and without her need to answer, I started singing my solo in Little Things.

"You'll never love yourself half as much as I love you. You'll never treat yourself right darling but I want you to. If I let you know-o-o-o I'm here, for you, maybe you'll love yourself like I love you. Ohh.." As soon as I finished, I could hear her breathing steadily, indicating she was asleep.

Without realising it, I felt my eyelids droop again as sleep took over me.

~~~

"Hey.. Hey Niall. It's ten. You should wake up.." I heard Liam's voice break into my dream.

"Hmm... Go away Li.." I mumbled.

"Your breakfast and milk are ready." He informed me.

"Yeah sure... Go away..." I groaned as I ducked my head under my pillow.

"No you should have been up by now, it can disturb your body's system." He said, in a daddy direction tone. I really wasn't keen to have to deal with him like this early morning so I decided to give in.

~

I gripped my milo mug as Liam handed it over to me. I was deep in my thoughts about her until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Yes Liam?" I asked, totally confused.

"Niall where are you mate? From the past few days.. No, ever since that call.. Your lost. Do you wanna talk about it?" Liam said, sounding concerned.

"She called, today morning.. And.. It was as if she couldn't sleep. So I sung a song to her and she fell asleep. The thing is..." I trailed off, not wanting to talk about it.

"Niall, tell me," he said, sternly.

"The thing is that if she keeps calling me like this, not having a single clue on who I am. We might, she might, think of me as someone she can open up to, without having to face them. And if that happens, she might want to know about me. I am already starting to feel connected to her, to help her and I wouldn't want my identity, my fame to be the reason for her to stop talking to me. Harry said that I should keep it a secret but faith isn't built on secrets.... Right?" Wow.. I can't believe what I have just said.. I have never been so serious in my life before..

"Look Niall, yeah that's right, faith is not ever built on secrets. How about this, if she asks you who you are, a bit about you, you can either say that let's talk about it later? Or, tell her the truth." He replied, it sounded like he wasn't even sure of want he was saying. For the first time, it felt like he was confused in his own emotions and thoughts.

"Thanks.. Liam.." I smiled anyways.

"We have rehearsals today boys," Liam informed us as the other lads expect Louis, entered the room.

"Get ready we have to be there soon. Lou would meet us there," he added.

~~

I stepped out of the shower, droplets of now turning cold water traced around my forehead. I gripped my towel and brought it closer to my head. Shaking my head sideways, I tried to dry my hair with the towel. As I stepped out of the bathroom with the towel wrapped around my body, my phone rung. I rushed towards the phone, hoping it was her. The number I was hoping was flashing, was.

With an excited voice, I answered the phone, "hello?"

___________

___________

___________

AN: you know what guys? I'll actually jut update whenever I want! (But that doesn't mean it will be long waits, for those who actually read it.) love you all!!!!

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FAN (maybe?)

HAVE A LOVELY DAY!!! (: