Chapter One: A New Era (Edited)

Scarlett stirred from her slumber. Her body was aching from the experience she saw and felt. Her mind was still foggy from the whole ordeal, but it was becoming clearer by the second. As her eyes focused back, she took in her surroundings. Though her eyes were squinting, she was able to see the plain, boring white walls and her sense of smell took in the scent of disinfectant and latex.

She knew immediately where she was and it brought back memories of being trapped and overly medicated. This caused her to feel uneasy and scared. Her breathing became short and shallow as her body began to overheat. She was about to get up and find her way out but the door suddenly opened and revealed a woman in a doctor's outfit.

Waverly walked into the room. Her heels clicked slowly as she made her way over to Scarlett's bedside. When she got close, she noticed that the teen was wide awake and was currently having a panic attack.

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't worry. Just calm down," Waverly comforted as she came down to Scarlett's eye level.

That appeared not to help since Scarlett didn't want anyone close to her at the moment. She knew what would happen if people got too close to her.

"Wait... This should help. Here, look at this," Waverly pulled out a metal scope and waited for Scarlett's eyes to focus on it.

Once Scarlett was completely focused on the metal scope, Waverly started to move the item from left to right in a slow motion. Scarlett's eyes followed the item and her breathing was soon going back to normal. Waverly smiled, feeling accomplished, and put the scope away.

"Now, do you remember where you are?" Waverly questioned.

"Beacon," Scarlett replied softly.

"Good," Waverly smiled. "I'm Waverly Earp. The head physician here at the academy. And yes, my ancestor is the infamous Wyatt Earp. Good ole' Wyatt, such a good-"

Waverly stopped talking when she noticed that Scarlett was no longer paying attention to her ramblings. It was as if the teen was lost in her own world. While the latter was slightly distracted, Waverly took the time to try and decipher the teen's pattern once more. She was hoping that she had missed something or misread the pattern. Sadly, she saw the same scattered pattern she had seen before. This made the doctor more frustrated because she couldn't figure out what the teen was and what her presence would mean for the future of the Elysian world.

The teen before her was something entirely out of the norm. That intrigued and frightened Waverly all at the same time. With the appearance of this teen, everything was going to change; for the academy, for their world and the fate of the Elysians.

Scarlett's silvery eyes caught Waverly's dark chestnut ones and made Waverly's breath hitch. Waverly was instantly washed over with so much pain and suffering that it nearly brought her to her knees. How could someone so young carry so much agony within themselves? Waverly thought to herself as she continued to read the teen's emotions. It was only when Scarlett broke eye contact that Waverly was removed from her thoughts.

"Wave," Nicole knocked before entering. "Oh, Scarlett, you're awake. That's great. Are you feeling better?" She asked while walking deeper into the room. Scarlett replied with a simple nod. "Good. How about I show you where you will be staying so you can fully rest up."

Scarlett nodded once more before gathering up her strength to get up from the bed. She started to walk away, but stopped when she was side by side with Waverly. She quietly thanked the doctor before disappearing through the door to wait for Nicole.

"We will talk later," Waverly asserted before Nicole could leave the room.

Nicole responded with an innocent smile and blew a kiss towards her girlfriend before walking outside to meet with Scarlett.