Chapter 12

Chapter 12

August 15, 1965

Not too long ago was me and Paul's anniversary, last month actually, George and Leah's too. LeAnne's and John's are soon. Ringo was married to Maureen, just months ago, she seems nicer now.

We're back in the U.S. and are at Shea Stadium, the boys are about to perform there. This is probably the biggest crowd they've had yet, considering it's a huge baseball stadium they're performing in. The girls and I all kissed the boys before their performance and watched from the dugout.

The announcer suddenly says,"Introducing, The Beatles!!!", and they all run out with their instruments smiling at the crowd. Paul introduces them and they begin. The audience is screaming the whole time and it's unbearable, I just barely hear the guys. Girls are fainting and losing their minds.

"I feel so bad for the guys! No one is actually listening to the music, their just screaming at the top of their lungs and I want to hear it!", I yell to Leah and LeAnne who are sitting right next to me. The boys start with Twist and Shout and end with I'm Down. By the time we're back at the hotel, their completely worn out.

Me and Paul are laying down on the bed, holding each other close. "I don't think I can do it anymore Meghan!", he says to me with a tired look in his face. Is he breaking up with me? No, this can't be happening, he's my everything. Cautiously I ask, "Do what Paulie?", waiting for an answer.

"These concerts, I can't do it. Tonight was terrible, no one was there to listen to the music. The guys and I couldn't hear ourselves so we were playing like crap. I'm tired of just being eye candy, I want to be appreciated for our music. All the guys feel the same way", he says, tearing up. "Paul, if you don't want to do it than don't, you shouldn't do anything that makes you feel like this", I say wiping his tears away and holding him tightly.

"I'm bound to contract till about this time next year, I can't stop, unless I want to lose everything", he says still distraught.

"Well than do what you have to do till this time next year, you don't have to enjoy it", I tell him,"than if you want to quit, quit, this is your life".

"I don't know what I'd do without you Meghan, you're like the only girl who doesn't scream or faint at the sight of me", I say,"you and the other girls of course".

"Well we've been together about 2 and half years, if I screamed every time I saw you that'd be weird don't you think?", I laugh and so does he. Finally a smile is on his face and I feel good knowing I put it there.

He looks deep in thought and than begins to speak. "Meghan I've been thinking about this for months now. You've been with me through the ups and downs, and stuck with me through it all even if you had to pretend we weren't together", he says, I wonder what he's getting at,"I love you more than anything.".

"I love you too Paul and I always will", I say it back.

He gets down on one knee,"Meghan, will you marry me?", he asks looking up at me hopefully. I begin to cry tears of joy I've waited for this day for so long but never thought it'd come.

"Yes yes yes yes a thousand times yes!", I jump on top of him and kiss him. He puts the ring on my finger, it's a nice simple ring with with a circular cut diamond and gold band.

We went to the others hotel rooms and told the John, George, Ringo, LeAnne and Leah. We were greeted with a bunch of congratulations, and finallys.

One of the worst days turned out to be one of the best, I'm going to be spending the rest of my life with the love of my life.

Could life get any better?