Part two - in which Zack is a pretty girl

As expected from a summer night the heat of the day had faded away, leaving behind a welcoming chill. There were no clouds swimming in the ocean of the sky, hiding its reflection of the sun's colourful demise.

The two of you were walking side by side with your hands in your pockets, nowhere another soul to be seen. Even in the inner city you only saw few people around.

And although it was an official date, Zack and you were joking around and acted as if it was nothing special. Zack told you about how Yuffie had hidden herself in his engine at the fire station, scaring the shit out of him as she suddenly appeared next to him.

"That's not funny, [Name]!", he said, laughing himself as he prodded you.

You shook your head, imagining Yuffie as a kind of jack-in-the-box with squirt gun and helmet.

"Hell yeah, it is. Was she disappointed when she found out it wasn't something big?"

"You bet, she resembled a little girl with her dolls taken from her."

Still laughing, Zack plucked your sleeve and nodded towards a small restaurant at the other side of the street.

"How about here?"

"What? No Seventh Heaven?", you teased.

Zack snorted, "so everyone could pick on us? No way, tonight it'll be just the two of us, no disturbing."

You rolled your eyes and after that examined the restaurant. According to its sign it was named Lebrau's. Quite a few people sat both inside and outside.

"Alright. Have you been here before?", you asked the male beside you with a side-glance.

He shrugged and winked at you, "three or four times with Cloud and the other guys. Come on, let's have a seat."

The restaurant turned out to have room for only about thirty customers, giving it a cozy atmosphere. Visually by its interior design it reminded you somewhat of a minimalistic beach bar. The tables and stools were made of white painted wood and above man-made ceiling beams was a layer of bast. The walls had the colour of a cloudy sky. Above every table dangling light bulbs illuminated the place. In one corner you could see pallets stacked as seats and tables.
You chose to sit apart most of the customers giving you some privacy and an overview of the place. As Zack pulled your chair back gentleman-like you couldn't help but wonder if he did that with all his dates.

"Do you like it? Just wait until you tasted the chocolate cake – heaven, I tell you."

Giggling you shoved the doubts away. It didn't matter if the puppy had behaved that way towards other women. Even if so, I'm the one being with him right now, nobody else. Why do I even care?

As you opened your mouth to say something, a brunette waitress went by. She handed each of you a menu. You tried not to laugh as you glanced at her uniform. She wore what seemed to be a sheer white blouse and a violet halter neck bikini top above. Her shorts barely covered her thighs and showed the lace trim at the top of her stockings. Other than that she seemed normal to you not like the flirty type of waitress.

"Good evening and welcome at Lebrau's. Can I get you something to drink?"

Without hesitation Zack ordered your favourite drink for you and a beer. The brunette smiled at you as if to make sure you didn't want something else. You nodded. After she was gone, Zack peeked at you and grinned with his eyebrows raised.

"Surprised I remembered that?"

"About as much as by the fact that you've been here more than once", you suppressed your laughing and winked at him. "Flirt."