Chapter 1

This is my first story on here. I hope you enjoy this, please let me know what you think :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madi:

Today is officially the last day of summer. I've slept until two in the afternoon. I won't be doing much today anyway. I felt under my pillow for my phone and grabbed it. After letting my eyes adjust to the light, I checked to see if I had any new messages. There were four.

One of the messages was from Alexis, or Lexi as I called her, who's the opposite of me, but when we first met in the first year of primary school, we clicked instantly and have been best friends ever since. She has beautiful shoulder length hair which used to be light brown but she'd recently died it to dark brown with a reddish tinge to it. Her eyes were bright green which always had a twinkle in them.

Are you awake yet?xxxxx - Lexi

The next two messages were from Josh, one of my other best friends, who has had a crush on me since forever. I've known him since half way through the first year of primary school. Some guy knocked me over in the playground and Josh picked me up. He shouted at the guy and punched him in the nose and we've been best friends ever since.

Hey gorgeous, you up yet?xxx - Josh

If you're not up soon, I'll come round there and drag your ass out of bed xxx - Josh

I wouldn't joke around with the subject much because he has actually done that before.

The next message was from Matthew, another of my best friends who is a bit more mature than Josh, but not by much. I've also known him since half way through the first year of primary school when he sat in my seat in the dining hall at lunch. I cried and Matt had a tantrum, but we eventually got over the matter and found it in ourselves to sit next to each other for the rest of the year. We've been best friends ever since.

Get your ass out of bed now xxxx -Matt

I sighed and went to take a quick shower. I dried myself and then went to pick out some clothes. I picked out a pair of navy blue jogging bottoms and a white t-shirt. I pulled the shirt over my head and pulled my pants on. I pulled a brush through my blond hair and sat on the edge of my bed. I found myself thinking about school tomorrow, the first day of my last year in high school. Wow, that's a weird thing to say. A few years ago I wouldn't have thought I would've made it this far.

"Guess who gorgeous!" Josh yelled from downstairs. My head swiveled in the direction of my door.

"Um...Josh?" I asked. He must of let himself in and I'm guessing Lexi and Matt were downstairs too. They were always together.

I sighed and walked down the stairs taking the pictures on the walls into my thoughts. Pictures of me, my Mom, my Dad and my sister (when we were a happy family). Back when my sister was still here. Back when my dad hadn't run off with his new wife and my parents hadn't gotten divorced. I stopped at one which was the image of us all at the pier. Me and my eleven year old sister Jess were standing above the raging waters eating candy floss. I still remembered that day like it was yesterday. I still missed her like mad, she would have been fifteen a week tomorrow.

I finally pulled away from the picture to see Lexi, Matt and Josh in the front room. Lexi was flicking through the channels paying no attention to the boys while they rumbled around on the floor fighting each other.

"Hey guys," I said, as I walked through the front room to the kitchen to grab some snacks.

"Hey lazy bones, thought you'd never get up," Lexi responds with her eyes still tuned in on the TV.