Then Lauren was gone, running towards her girlfriend. Lauren dropped her bag just before reaching Camila and hoisted her off the floor, embracing each other tightly," I was so worried about you..." Lauren whispered as she set her down but continued to squeeze and smother her with affection.

"I was worried about you too Laur," she sighed, feeling so much better now that she was in her arms. Being with Lauren, enveloped in her scent made all of Camila's sadness and worries and fears seemingly disappear.

After leaving her house she had come straight to school, needing to see Lauren.

"Umm...just to clarify I was worried about both of you..." Normani interjected from the side.

"Oh come here!" Camila said rolling her eyes, but they both gestured for her to join their hug.

"And uh, I don't know if you guys still want to keep your relationship a secret but people are starting to stare."

"Let them," Camila said, dodging Normani's head to press a kiss on Lauren's cheek.

"Ew gross! Not while I'm in between you!" Normani protested, trying to get out from between the two girls but they just squeezed her tighter.

"Come on guys! Let me go!" the dark skinned brunette started thrashing as Lauren and Camila started laughing insanely hard. They were laughing so hard that Normani couldn't help but laugh as well and their grips loosened so they could hold their stomachs. They weren't even really sure what was so funny but it was the happiest any of them had been since Camila's parents had walked in on them and it felt good to finally have a breather from all the angst.

Finally they calmed down, happy tears streaking down their faces from laughing too much as they tried to catch their breaths.

"So I guess we have a lot to talk about, huh?" Lauren asked, still holding onto Camila's hand.

"Mhmm," she nodded, the memories of everything flooding back to her after the short reprieve.

"We can talk at my house?" Normani offered, knowing it was probably the safest choice.

They all agreed and made their way, mentally preparing themselves for whatever might come.

__________________________________________________________________

"WHAT?" Lauren exclaimed, the green eyed girls' reactions had pretty much been like that through the whole time Camila told the story, "They actually wanted to send you to Bible school?!"

"No, they wanted to send me to crazy homophobic bible school. There's a difference."

"And to live with your god-awful Abuela. I swear that woman is Satan's firstborn."

"You've met her?" Lauren asked.

"Unfortunately..." Normani grumbled. Confused, Lauren looked to Camila, who quickly explained,

"Normani came to a family dinner once and Abuela absolutely hated her from the moment she laid eyes on her."

"What? But...everyone loves you," Lauren said to Normani who was glaring at the wall.

"I know! She called me a pretentious, snobby, know-it-all. 'She just needs to stop trying to kiss up to people' my ass..." she mumbled," She's evil Lauren, you never want to meet her."

"Aww I'm sorry," she cooed caressing Camila's hand, "So what happened next?" Camila paused, wondering how she should explain the next part of the story.

"Well...I refused to and my mom said that if I don't go live with my Abuela then I should just leave for good...so I left. For good."

Silence.