Chapter 3

As I walked into the living room of Jane's house, I dropped the stuff I got on the floor and plopped down on the couch. It was nice in her house, her and her mum lived alone cause her dad passed away just a year ago. Her mum is awesome, and she treats me like her own child. She even took us out once and we got wasted with her, it was one of the best night's ever.

Sarah entered from the kitchen, I saw she grabbed the tub of ice cream first. The girl only eats fatty foods, and desserts and yet she still has the body of a model. I stood up and went to the kitchen and saw, Marie, Jane's mom making coffee. She had black curls, a pale skin and long thin legs.

"Hey, Mrs. M" I said and stood next to her.

"Hey sunshine, how's it going?" She asked glancing over her shoulder smiling at me.

"Not so good" I said honestly, knowing that I can talk to her without feeling uncomfortable.

"Why not? What's wrong? What happened?" She asked worry deep in her voice.

"Nothing, just, there's. . . no more. . . households. . that want to uh, take me. . .take me in" I said trying to hide the tears brimming in my eyes. She wrapped me in her arms and patted my hair.

"It's OK sweetie, they won't take you away. I'll make sure of it" She cooed into my hair.

"But I don't have family down here, they didn't want to move" I said with a sigh.

"Don't worry, we'll figure it out, love" She said, and I managed a small smile. I walked back into the lounge, after calming down and thanking Mrs. M.

"Guys lets watch Star Wars?" It was my favorite sci-fi movie. We put it on and watched. I would sometimes mouth the words from my favorite scene. When all six of them were done, we decided to sleep. I closed my eyes and drifted off to oblivion.

I woke up to the smell of fried bacon and I jumped up and sat down at the counter. I ate in peace, till something that slipped my mind come rushing back. I had to move away from all of the things I love.

I dropped the bacon and frowned. This was my last day here. Soon, Jane, Sarah, and Mrs. M, were all in the kitchen with me and I knew I had to tell them.

"Guys, I have to pack today" They all turned. Mrs. M had this huge smile on her face. How can she smile at a time like this? I thought that they actually cared and loved me.

"Actually, you don't. I called Danielle and said there's one more family that wants to take you in" She said, and I gasped with wide eyes.

"Who are they?" I jumped

"Well you know them pretty well" She said confusing me.

"Mrs. M please stop talking in riddles I don't know who they a-" I was cut off by Jane.

"WE'RE GONNA TAKE YOU IN" She yelled.

"Say what now?" I was too shocked to be happy at this moment.

"We knew you didn't want to move so we just had this idea. I mean you are like family, we've known each other for years now. Please stay?" Mrs. M begged me.

I knew they meant good, but I was scared they would get tired of me and kick me out, that's why I never asked them before.

"Really, it's too much trouble, I can make other plans, its fine, Mrs. M" I pleaded, hoping they would just take that.

"No, no, of course not, dear, you're like my second child, after all I did kind of help raise you as best as I could after your parents. . . " She trailed off and my eyes drifted down to my feet. It has been a long time but, can you blame me for missing them?

I looked up at them and smiled, not wanting to ruin the great news I just received.

"OK then, let's start getting my stuff here" I said with a grin and Jane and Sarah squealed.

"YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!" They both screamed and did they're happy jump together making me laugh. I loved them like sisters and they mean the world to me.

I was finally settled in the spare room that Mrs. M had gave me. It was cosy and not too small, with a double bed and two a large window to my left with a window seat. I didn't have much stuff, so it wasn't jam packed. I plopped down on my bed and closed my eyes. After settling down I got a phone call and I looked too see an unknown number calling me but answered anyway.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello, uh. . . Ms. Conner?"

"Yes? Who is this"

"This is Mrs. Walker, from the bank, I scheduled an appointment for you to come and see me tomorrow, about some matters" She asked politely. What was this about? What do they want? Am I in trouble? My mind jumped with all these questions, my heart slightly jumping at the thought of me behind bars.

"Uh, yeah, sure, uh, what time?"

"Nine o' clock. Thank you, Ms. Conner" She said and hung up. Well, something has to be up. I guess I'll wait and see what it is tomorrow. I took a warm shower washing away all the worries, and feel asleep with a happy feeling in my heart.