Chapter 2

Shailene's POV

    BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

      "Good morning! Good morning!" I start singing while I turn my alarm clock off. I get out my bed and start dancing around my room, today is a special day! It's my first day of college, even though I'm undecided at the moment it's still a big day for me! It's weird though, going to college in London... away from all of my family and friends. My boyfriend Daren convinced me that this would be a good idea. You see, we both met while filming a show called 'The Secret Life of the American Teenager' which did really good. Fans would always bombard us for photographs and autographs, so Daren suggested we go overseas for our education.

      Daren and I have been dating for a little over a year now, it all started because of the show. We would always be together and always joking around. As an actress I made a rule to never date any of my costars, I realized halfway within the series I really started to like him but I waited until I found out the show was ending for us to actually get together. He makes himself off to be a really manly man but once you get to know him you realize he's one of the sweetest guys out there. I'm really lucky to have him. I look over at my dresser and see the picture of both of us, we both look so happy. I can't help but smile and skip over to the shower, ready to start the day!

      Once I'm finished with the shower I walk over to my closet, there's so many outfits to choose from! I knew I should have picked out an outfit last night, now I'm going to stand here for an hour or so trying to decide. I pull out some outfits and start trying them on, none of them seem special enough. So after 30 minutes of trying on clothes and just as I'm about to give up I see this white shirt with a gray design on it. It looks pretty cute, so I try it on and as I'm trying to figure out if I like it or not I remember my gray jacket that would look PERFECT on top of it! I try it on and fall in love with it immediately, totally worth all of the stress. I start curling my hair when I hear a knock on the door, I set my curler down and run over to open the door.

      "SURPRISE BABY!!! HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!" Daren cheers. I look and see he has a bouquet of pink roses for me, I smile as he pulls me to him to kiss me. When he kisses me I can't help but smile bigger, even though I don't feel butterflies anymore when we kiss, I still enjoy kissing him very much. I let him in the house and he sits at the countertop, "Still getting ready I see?" he laughs and winks at me, I put my hand on my hip, "Hey you guys have it so much easier, you can wake up and in a few simple steps get ready. It takes time for us to look good!" He smiles as he gets up and starts walking over to me. He wraps his arms around me and kisses my forehead, "Shai you look good all the time, you don't need to do anything to get ready."

      I look down and blush, Daren always said sweet things to me. I wrap my arms around his neck and start kissing him, slowly but then the passion started to build up. Right as he's about to deepen the kiss I pull away and start walking back to the bathroom, swaying my hips as I walk away. Just as I'm shutting the door I can hear him, "You're being such a tease Shai!" I can hear him laughing and I try not to laugh myself. When I'm finished with my hair I go to my room and get my things for school, I rush over to the kitchen to get a bowl of cereal, some new type I bought that has a lot of nutrients in it. A friend of mind has been telling me about her healthy lifestyle so I thought I could slowly try it out. (A/N; yes I know in real life Shai is a healthy person, but in this fanfic it's going to be when she starts trying out the healthier lifestyle!)

    I look over at Daren and see him smirking at me, I tilt my head in confusion and before I get a chance to ask he says, "We're both matching." I look down at my gray jacket and look at him and see him wearing a light gray shirt, a black jacket and a gray and black scarf. I smile, of course we are one of THOSE couples. I laugh and finish my cereal then we drive to school. The conversation there is light, I'm still really nervous about it all, I have a lot of classes today. Once we get there we walk hand in hand towards the beginning of our new life!