Chapter 22: The Enemy Within

Start from the beginning

"So what. Just forget about her." My wolf said acidly. I didn't know what brought this on and I asked:

"What do you mean forget about her?" In a cautious tone. This isn't normal...

"Mates. Such a hassle." He growled.

Our inner wolves aren't supposed to argue with us... They're a part of ourselves. My wolf was thinking to much as his own.

"Then I think it's time we separate." He said viciously and I was on the floor again.

It felt like my skin was transforming into something disgusting. It was prickly and felt off. My mind was a different thing. I was losing myself. Becoming something else. Instead of having a voice or memories or thoughts, I had just one emotion: Anger.

I felt like killing someone. Like it was the best thing to do. And I was losing myself to this. But somehow, there was one thing that stayed and I don't know why it didn't leave along with most of the memories I had.

It was the memory when I first kissed Emma. That was my lifeline. I didn't let go of that. I held on and fought against whatever it was that tried to force me out of myself. My wolf tried to become someone else. It tried to become itself. No longer bounded to me but trying to become himself.

But I didn't let him. I tried to replay the memory of when my lips touched Emma's. It worked because it was the only thing I could think of. It was better than thinking of killing that old man, but that wasn't my thought. My thought's are nothing because these belong to my wolf.

Slowly but surely the pain began to dull. And right now, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I started to lose feeling in my toes and fingertips. Slowly the numbness traveled up my legs and arms.

Was I losing? Or was I just sleeping? I could never tell. But I tried again to replay the memory in my head but it was slowly becoming fuzzy. Everything was becoming fuzzy. Soon, the memory went out and so did my vision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emma's POV

Two days before

"Where are you taking me?" I asked softly. My tears have run dried and I just feel useless.

"To a better place." AM replied, mirroring my tone. She sounded motherly and looked the part but I know who she really is.

"Will it hurt?" I asked, feeling the need to be informed about the innjection, even though I'll probably forget this conversation.

"For a few minutes. Its the changing process that'll hurt most." She said, leading me into a white colored room.

This room was different. It had two windows that were very high up, not sure for what, but that was it. The other difference was the color, other than the windows and the suit-clad men. It was almost the same as my other holding room.

"How long will it take for me to change?" I rubbed my hands together, feeling cold but the room was warm, I'm sure of it.

"I altered your injection, being as I need you as soon as possible, so give it three days. This is your holding room while you change. You can't exactly escape from here." She said, acting somberly.

"What about Jensen?" I asked, feeling a lump in throat. Saying his name hurts.

"His might be coming soon. Maybe before your day, or after. Maybe together with yours." I saw an evil glint in her eyes and I knew this was something she planned.

"Emma. You have to try something. At least if you can't save us, at least leave trying." My wolf said, her thoughts evading my own.

"I don't really see the point anymore." I replied, and almost didn't mean it.

"I can see by the concentration on your face that you're speaking with her. I'll give you a moment to talk to her. I'll be back with the injection." AM said and then I knew I had to try. At least for my wolf, Jensen, my brother.

My hands were still in cuffs but I managed to wrap them around AM's neck. All I had to do was wait for her back to be facing me and to jump so that I could easily wrap the cuffs.

She was gagging and having trouble fighting back. It must have been because I had the upper advantage here. Her flailing arms were attacking the air and clawed the closed door. When they were almost stopping, I felt like I may have a chance to leave this place and find Jensen and Thomas, but I forgot that there were other men in the room.

I don't know why they didn't just pry me off immediately but then I realized why. They were getting the injection ready. I didn't eve see them with it.

Someone injected me with a three holed syringe and I was taken away from AM. She fell to the floor gasping for air. I fell to the floor in pain. My neck was burning and my body was seizing up. I felt frigid and I tried to move but I couldn't.

It felt like all my limbs were held to floor in place by nails. I wondered at one point if this is what Jensen felt. As The pain grew, I also felt angry. I felt too much anger at once. But I felt like feeling angry had no point. So I felt sad and depressed because I was going to change. I was never going to see Jensen again.

The pain in my neck was slowly fading and I had the ability to move around slightly. I was gasping for air and I felt my cheeks wet. I was crying and I looked up to see a blurry AM. Though I'm pretty sure the effect was caused by my tears.

"I knew you would pull something like that. So I had my men ready with the main one. I just had to find a way to inject you with it." She smiled evilly but I couldn't take her seriously. Her once tamed hair was in bunches all around her face. Auburn tendrils stuck out like loops, being held by her scrunchie.

"See you in three days time." She chuckled and left. Her men following after her like dogs. Maybe that's what they are. Maybe they aren't even human anymore.

I curled up into a ball and laid there like that. No crying or thinking. I just gave up.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry this one came out a little bit late too but I have three weeks left of school and soon I'll be able to write some more. But don't worry , the next chapter will be... WOW. ;)

Hope you enjoyed this chapter ^.^

Stay awesome <3

-Glo