Chapter 24: Friends United

Hey guys! Here's chpt 24 for you guys! Hope you like it :)

Vote :D

Comment ;D

-------------------------------------

Chapter 24

Jensen's POV

I was expecting pain to come at once, but all I heard was a mean chuckle and more growling. Emma lunged at me but didn't attack me. I don't know why she didn't. Instead she stood several steps in front of me. I could feel her heavy breath on my body.

"Jensen. Back the hell away now!" I heard Thomas say. But I didn't. I took several steps backwards as Emma got closer to me. I don't know what she became, but I do believe that it's not forever. at least I hope it's not.

"You know Jensen, that's how you would have been, were you as weak as Emma. If you weren't so keen on finding her, if your will power wasn't strong, that's how you would have turned out." She smirked and walked towards Emma with ease.

She placed her hand on Emma's head and began to pat it, like as if Emma wasn't a human being five minutes ago. I hate her. I hate her for all the things she's done. Taking away the most important thing from me.

I stepped forward a bit more, causing Emma to growl menacingly and her bitch mom to stop her petting.

"You pathetic idiot. If I were you, I'd start running from her." So much anger was boiling inside me that I let out a feral snarl that I didn't recognize as my own.

"You wouldn't get too far though, might I add. But I'll give you a head start." She smiled deviously, making me angrier.

"Jensen. Let's go! We'll figure something out." I heard Thomas get closer and Emma growled again, getting closer to me.

"Jensen." Thomas said in a heavy tone, pulling me backwards. I looked at him and whispered so that he could hear:

"I can't leave her like this."

"You love her right?" he asked quietly.

Did I?

"I-I care about her." I said, the word 'love' heavy in my head and heart.

"Then you know it won't do her any good if you wound up dead and by her. If she ever came back and knew she was the one who ended your life, she might do the same. So let's go and find a solution that doesn't involve being reckless... Again." He said sternly, pulling me with strength.

I turned around and left Emma behind and followed Thomas out into the forest, hoping that we would get far enough away.

"Jensen! Maybe if we turn into our wolves, we could get away faster!" I heard Thomas shout over the rushing of the wind passing my ears.

"I can't for some reason!" I shouted back, from behind us, I heard snapping and growling. She must be catching up to us.

"Then there's nothing we can do! We're done for!" Thomas shouted back, sounding distant and hopeless.

Then I looked around me and realized that there were a lot of trees, just standing around.

"There is something we can do!" I shouted, sounding out of breath, I haven't ran on two feet since that day I went looking for Emma after she left me.

"Well what is it?! We don't have time to waste!" He shouted, out of breath too.

"Climb!" I shouted. He didn't say anything and we continued to run.

"Climb what?!"

"On the count of three, you climb the nearest tree okay and you keep climbing until you're far from the ground!" I shouted, hoping this works, we're not exactly taught to climb trees.