...I Don't Know What to Do

Giovanni was agitated. His flight was halted because there was trouble with the League and he was needed. An emergency meeting was being called and all League members, gym leaders and the Elite Four included, were demanded to head to the Pokémon League HQ. And since Giovanni was on the Board itself, along with being a gym leader, there was no way for him to be excused.

Especially not with the man they'd sent to tell him and escort him there.

"I really don't appreciate this, Wataru," Giovanni sneered at the Elite. "I have other business to attend to. Things much more important than whatever squabble the League has come up with now."

Lance Wataru of the Elite Four looked as tired as he sounded. "There's no exceptions, Giovanni. Every member must be present, and I think your voice is definitely wanted. It sounds like they're in need of something important from you."

Giovanni subtly clenched his hands. He didn't have time for this. Ash was in Kalos and he had to retrieve her. But he couldn't just ditch this man, who could find out much more than he should. Team Rocket's exposure was definitely a no, especially since it would tie his hands and his resources (especially regarding towards helping Ash) would be limited. He didn't have time to mess about in prison either.

"Sir, excuse my intrusion," he heard Archer from behind him, and he looked to see his second in command dressed in normal clothes and patiently awaiting his address. He nodded towards Lance and walked closer to Archer.

"Giovanni, I can go ahead and head to Kalos in the meantime, while you sort this out," Archer offered. "I will get to her and keep her in custody, and then when you're finished, you can head over there. Or if you wish, I could bring her here already."

"Bring her here," Giovanni ordered. "The faster she gets to be by my side and in a secure location, the safer she will be."

"I understand, sir. I will have it done," Archer dismissed himself, off to quickly do as was expected of him.

Giovanni turned back to Lance in aggravation. "Alright, let's go then. I might as well head out and try to get this annoyance out of the way as soon as possible."

By Arceus, if this was some stupid thing that wasn't really all that important, he would definitely be causing a scene and ripping everyone a new one. Right after he came back from ditching them and rushing over to get to Ash.

The ride to Pokémon League Village, where the Pokémon League Headquarters was located, wasn't too far away from Viridian City, and they were taking Giovanni's helicopter anyway. It was only lucky that Lance had managed to catch Giovanni in his gym, rather than Giovanni having been sequestered away in Team Rocket's Headquarters. As soon as they set down, Giovanni was quick to get off and brushed passed Lance, heading straight for the entrance into the League Headquarters from the building's landing platform area. From there, his strides were fast as he headed to where the meetings were usually held. Once he'd entered, some eyes darted to him, with his entrance catching a few by surprise. Moments later, Lance entered from behind him.

Scowling, Giovanni went to his seat and waited for it to start. Not too long after, the Kanto Elite stood at the front, along with the Board representative. Of course Giovanni would be the only other one from the Board present...

Lance took a step forward, and brought the attention onto him. He glanced around the room solemnly, for once capturing Giovanni's interest.

"This meeting is being broadcasted towards all the regions, with their respective charter of the League Board ending with the same conclusion that will be discussed from in here," he announced, further peaking Giovanni's interest and inciting quiet murmurs from the rest.