Seventeen - Myra

Feel free to skip stupidly long A/N at bottom. Slightly important stiff IS IN CAPITALS.

--- -!- ---

Indescribable emotions race through me as I say, "All the werewolves," but it's true. I have to rescue them. I have to try and do something with my freedom.

My eyes racing to Nieves, I sigh and let my shoulders slump as I see the sadness and disbelief in her eyes. She doesn't think it's possible. My only friend doesn't believe me. She won't help me. "Forget I said anything." I mutter, though we both know she can't. I'll have to leave now. I'm an idiot. I shouldn't have told her.

Calm down, you're assuming too much. Let her explain. Lilla says, uncertainly, failing to convince me.

"I'm sorry, Myra, but I just don't think it's possible. Please don't..." I look at her with pain filled eyes. "I don't want to lose you..." She whispers. Wait, what?

"Why do you even care?" I ask, not realising I said it aloud.

"Because you're my friend. I sympathise with you - I really do!" She adds when I look at her in disbelief. "And I think it's inhumane, what they're doing. But as hard as you try, you can't save everyone." She sighs.

"Maybe not." I agree, unconvinced. "But I can try. I have to at least rescue the others that were with me. Mimi, Ilan, Berry, Rush and Diego." I add, telling her their names. I can't bear to leave them to rot.

Mimi is the oldest apart from me. She's eight. Ilan and Berry, siblings, are Anni's pups. Berry and Ilan are five; they're the youngest. Rush is seven and Diego is nearly the same age. Wolves shift between the age of five and fifteen, although it's rare to shift before ten. I shifted when I was six, and it is one of the reasons I am still alive. None of the others have shifted yet.

The telltale roar of a car startles me out of my thoughts. "Someone's coming!" I warn Nieve.

"Shoot, that's mum. You need to hide." She starts frantically looking around for a place to hide, finally gesturing under the bed.

"You're kidding me. No way am I hiding under the bed!" I protest, acting like a pup. Besides the fact that it would feel silly, there are no hiding places in her room. I can see the back wall under her bed, and the room is too small for there to be anywhere else to hide.

"Where else-" She's cut off by the sound of a door, then footsteps make their way upstairs.

"Nieve?" A voice calls from just outside as the footsteps get closer.

"I have to go! She can't find out about you! Get under the bed!" Nieves eyes are wide and panicked as she rushes out the room, but I grab her arm to stop her. "Ow!" She yells as she's jerked backwards.

"Sorry. Leave the window open." I hiss at her, then shove her out the door as her mum gets dangerously close, standing just across the landing as Nieve intercepts her.

Hastily, I rush across and slam the window open. Hearing her mum exclaim at the noise, I take a deep breath and throw myself out through the gap.

I hear a little shriek and the sound of the door being slammed open but it seems to come from further away as the ground gets closer.

--- -!- ---

I'M SOOOOOO SORRY!!!

I know I've been MIA, but I sort of lost motivation on this story for a while.

I have loads of unpublished books that I'm working on and I've been neglecting this one!!! I know how annoying that is! And I know this is too short! But yeah. I'm sorry!

I just want to say that THIS STORY IS NOT ON HOLD. I HAVE NOT GIVEN UP ON IT! I'M JUST A REALLY BAD PERSON (at updating. D-: )

SO UPDATES WILL BE IRREGULAR! I WILL UPDATE WHENEVER I HAVE WRITTEN THE NEXT CHAPTER! BUT I'M SORRY IF I DON'T POST FOR A WHILE, FOR ANY MISTAKES, AND IF WEIRD STUFF HAPPENS!

But yeah, meep. Schools a pain in my ass at the moment, so, I might not update for large spans at a time. I HAVE SO MUCH HOMEWORK IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL! But I'm an expert procrastinator. So I thought publishing this would be a GREAT idea. (Note the sarcasm XD) Yep I have an hour's worth of homework due for tomorrow and I'm not sure if I'm ever gonna get started on it... No comment.

I HAVE WRITTEN THE NEXT CHAPTER AND WILL POST IT SOON! AND I MEAN NORMAL SOON (~week), NOT MY VERSION OF SOON (~6 months.)

Woah, longest AN ever...

YEP, BYE!

Um...

i'm finished...

BYE!

(yep I'm feeling weird, bored and- just avoiding homework, really. Meep.)