Six - Myra

The sun burns mercilessly from above. The bored whistle of the zoo staff cleaning up and getting ready for the day ahead wakes me.

My head pounds, and my mouth is dry. My tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth and, although the branches of the tree are stirred by the wind, I can feel no cool, comforting breeze.

The sun feels twice as hot as it did yesterday, even though I know the days are getting colder. Ilan and Berry's voices seem to echo from a long distance away although they're playing right beneath me.

When did I shift? I can't remember...

I groan as I wriggle, uncomfortable, nearly falling out of the tree as I do so. Trying to sit up, I quickly have to lie back down again; my head spins and the world seems to whirl around me. Am I ill?

Hurriedly, I try and descend the tree, but fall down the last few metres. Berry and Ilan's worried faces loom above me and I hear one of the other wolves shouting for help. Then I shut my eyes as my head pulses, the world blurring round the edges.

Darkness takes me away.

---

I know it's short, but I wanted to get on with da plot! Besides, I have to go and write a chapter for my other story now cos I haven't updated it in forever. So yeah. And I might not update this one soon if I work on that one for ages. So I thought I'd get another chapter in now.
If you think this book is worth (or not worth, I don't mind :-) ) carrying on with please comment and tell me cos I'm not sure about it. So feedback would be REALLY USEFUL.
Thanks.