"Luhan," Baekhyun repeated. "I'd invite Kyungsoo, but he has school obligations as you know." As he pulled out his cellphone from his back pocket, he made sure to keep a neutral expression. "Is that alright?"

There was a hesitation clear as day, but Chanyeol nodded as he smiled. "Yeah. That's fine."

"Great."

It wasn't as though he wanted to hurt the giant's feelings, because Baekhyun had no intention of doing so at all, however, there was simply no way around it. There was one mirror in Baekhyun's room. Every morning he knew who was in the reflection staring back at him, and by his great judgment, that person was not well-matched with Chanyeol.

If compared, Chanyeol was water while Baekhyun saw himself as black dye. When mixed together, the water becomes tainted and the dye becomes more transparent, and in reality, Baekhyun had no interest in tainting Chanyeol or becoming soft and transparent to the world.

The best thing to do was to put Chanyeol down.

-

-

"Who is he?"

"Some guy."

"Well, don't be mean to him."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, ignoring the way his sister was making faces at the camera aimed toward him. "I'm not."

"It was really obvious that he was indirectly asking you out," Hyoyeon hummed as she shook his head in disappointment for her younger sibling. "I would've said yes."

"I did say yes," Baekhyun sighed as fixed the pillow on his chest that the laptop was sitting on top of.

"You also invited Luhan," she reminded.

"I don't see what's wrong with that."

"I'm not stupid."

"I know you're not."

"Then don't act like I am," she snorted. "Tell Luhan the plans are off."

"That's rather rude," Baekhyun responded, waving a hand off. "Maybe next time."

Hyoyeon scrunched her nose. "Be more open. It won't kill you."

Rubbing his eyes after side glancing at the time, Baekhyun shrugged. "I don't think I'll be willing to test out this theory."

"Why are you a hermit?"

"It's less stressful."

-

-

The list was handed out on a Monday, but Baekhyun never took the time to read the list until Kyungsoo mentioned the piece of worthless paper when he dropped by during lunch hour in Baekhyun's library hang out. The president was surprised to find that Baekhyun's lonely island had turned into a carnival with two more members of his isolationist party added.

Seeing Chanyeol made up for the majority of the surprise. Before Kyungsoo addressed what he needed to discuss with Baekhyun, he pointed an objectifying finger at the basketball player, slanting his lips. "Chanyeol."

Sitting straighter than he was before, Chanyeol nodded.

"I didn't know you knew Baekhyun."

"Kyungsoo," the brunet interjected in a voice that meant to warn the president from whatever he had in mind.

"I do," Chanyeol said slowly, giving Baekhyun a glance.

Kyungsoo shut his mouth, keeping his face stoic and neutral before he cocked it for a while. "Interesting. I didn't know that," he said, finally turning his head to Baekhyun, who was giving him a tired look. "The more you know, I suppose."