Games

I sigh, flipping through a boring gossip magazine, when the silence that filled the apartment finally gets to me. "Ok. What is going on?!" I demand, storming into the living room where both Calum and Carson are reading books.

"Other than you ruining my life, nothing much." Carson answers, looking up at me, a twinkle in his brown eyes.

I roll my eyes at his usual immaturity. "How are you still an idiot?" I groan, crossing my arms over my chest. He shrugs, returning to his book.

"What do you mean, Dani? We are literally being quiet and staying out of your way." Calum replies, an eyebrow raised.

I grown. "Me being here doesn't mean you should stop living yalls own lives. That's the last thing I want." I tell my old friends. "It's Thursday night. What do you guys usually do?" I ask, sitting on the arm rest.

"You're bored aren't you?" Calum asks, laughter in his voice.

"So bored!" I yell, causing Carson to jump.

He sighs. "We're in our early twenties, Daniela. Do you really expect us to be sitting home doing nothing during summer?"

"I don't know what to expect from you guys anymore." I shrug. "So, what? Bar, club, what is it yall do?"

It's a minute or two or complete and awkward silence before one of the two boys speak up. "We go to a club in the next city over."

"Ok, sweet, I'll go get ready!" I smile,
clapping my hands together and standing up to go back to my new bedroom, but Carson stops me.

He glares down at me. "Who says you're going?" His voice comes out in a low growl.

I smirk. "Would me going to your precious little club bother you, Carson?" I chuckle, looking up at the boy I thought I would love forever.

He sighs. "I'm not gonna win this round am I?"

I smile in satisfactions and shake my head. "Nope. I learned how to play from the best, years ago." I laugh, hitting his chest and turning around, feeling his eyes watch me. "If you had me so much, Carson, you might wanna stop staring!" I call over my shoulder, knowing for a fact I can win the game he created in high school.

It's break or be broken, and I am not going to be broken over Carson. Not again.