Crunch

The police station could look a little livelier, Norway thought to himself as he and Iceland sat in between the desks of their escorts. Norway didn't know this, but Iceland was thinking the exact same thing. Jeff and Jones were bent over their desks, working on what they said were three cases, including a murder that needed a search warrant to proceed, the paperwork for their previous case as they waited for a friend of theirs in the building to approach them with the results of searching for the vehicle Denmark had been taken in.

Jones suddenly spun away from his desk to face Jeff, his arms crossed. "Finally got the judge to approve of that search warrant Detective Danger needed," he stated with a very proud look on his face. His nose was stuck up in the air as he held his head high, his brown eyes glinting playfully.

"Jones, it's not 'Detective Danger,' it's Detective Derek."

"Aw, but it's so much more fun to call him 'Detective Danger,' Jeff!" Jones then punched Jeff's arm repeatedly, but Norway and Iceland noticed that the punches were gentle and only joking.

"Jones, unless you want me to incorrectly file our previous case, I'd suggest you stop moving my arm."

Jones pouted, retreating to his own desk. "You're no fun, Jeff."

Jeff gasped loudly with an over exaggerated flair. "Me? Not fun? I'll just let you know that I find that statement to be highly insulting."

"But it is true."

Jeff turned around in his chair and slapped Jones but the Personifications noticed that it was gentle once again, more of a tap than a slap, in all reality.

The captain of their precinct turned around the corner at that moment, and in the blink of an eye both Jeff and Jones were back to working.

Jeff's phone began to ring and Jones quickly rolled over to pick up. "Detectives Jeff and Jones here." He rested his elbow on Jeff's desk casually as he listened to the person on the other side of the call. Jones' wavy dark hair hung in awkward angles over his face; the sudden movements of living in the moment had adjusted the strands into random and unintended places. Jeff sent Jones a dark look and scooted away from his partner as he continued to type away on the keyboard. Jones nodded every now and then as he listened and grinned when the conversation was over. "Thank you very much," he said and hung up.

"Good news! They found the car Denmark was taken in."

"What's the bad news?" Iceland interjected suddenly, his abrupt, unexpected and soft voice causing the other three to jump.

"The bad news is that the kidnappers dumped the car in a junkyard and took the liberty of scheduling it to be crushed soon for us."

Jeff grabbed his coat and slung it over his shoulder. "Our previous case can wait, let's get that car before it's unrecognizable."

Jones jumped out of his chair and began walking off. He stopped halfway down the hallway he turned around in a fashion Iceland's mind related to Johnny Depp's characters. "You two coming or not?"

Norway and Iceland practically bolted out of their seats and joined Jeff and Jones at their sides. "Thought you'd never ask," Iceland said, which led to a scolding look from Norway.

"We will gladly accompany you, is what I believe my little brother meant to say," Norway said, continuing his scolding attitude towards Iceland.

"Stop calling me that," Iceland responded, and Norway raised his eyebrows.

"I'll consider it the day you cave in and refer to me as big brother."

Iceland glared at his older brother, but Norway's eyes were unblinking and as unreadable as ever. Jones smiled at the actions, holding back laughter.