Chapt. 1 - Josiah

If you havent read "Stuck Between The Two (1st)" & (Is It Worth It (2nd)", you should read those before starting this book. Preciate it !
I'm also sorry yall.. I been dealing with some things. I'm getting back on it for you though. Hope you enjoy ! -- Ciee

I was creeping around the house to check things out like I've done every night since I've been here. But this night was different. When I went by my sister and Zoe room I overheard Jas telling Zoe about an ex boyfriend that made his way in the house while everyone was gone... except her. Hearing this took me back to a place I never wanted to revisit.

I use to be a trouble child, always giving my mom and pops a hard time. Daily phone calls from school, Juvie, alternative school, summer boot camp, probably everything you can name. Coming here with my sister and Zoe gave me a fresh start, a very much needed fresh start. Jas knows about my past, she told me from the jump it won't be tolerated and I respect that. But question is why couldn't I respect that when I was with my parents, when I had parents. I got in trouble by my pops everyday, every single day. Now I regret it cause then I didn't know that I wouldn't have my pops now. I would've changed everything.

Flashback:

"Josiah what's up with you in school today?!" I walked in the house like I didn't hear nobody talking to me. "I know you heard your father boy, get back in here right now !" I dropped my book bag in the living room. "The fuck do you want? I beat his ass, I beat the shit out of him now I'm going back to summer boot camp and juvie next year." My father slapped me into the wall. "Watch yo mouth in my house son !! Watch ya damn mouth !!" I sat there holding my face. "Fuck you !" I jumped up and ran out the house full speed. I didn't know where I was going but I ran until I couldn't run anymore. "Damn boy you should run track or play football."...

Flashback Ends.

"Josiah?... Josiah?" I snapped out my thoughts as I looked at Jas standing in front of me. "My bad what's up sis?" She looked at me before looking around my room. "You okay? Something on ya mind?" I shook my head. "Nah, I'm good sis. You okay?" She looked at me. "I'm good, why you ask?" I sat there wondering if I should let her know I overheard them talking. "Nu... nun. I got to go I'll be back later." I got up and grabbed my book bag I carry everywhere and left. I went down to the pawn shop where my homeboy Cam work. "Josiah, what's up bro?" I shook my head. "I need a favor, a big favor." He looked at me strange. "Depends on what this favor is, what's up?" I stood there for a minute then took a deep breath. "I need a gun, I need to protect..." He shook his head. "I can't do it lil bro, you know that. And Jas will kill me." I felt myself getting angry. "Look man, I need the damn gun okay ! I need to protect her and my nephew ! Give me the damn gun !"