Who Hogs the Blankets?

OTP Fanfic Collab

Hogs the Blanket

John reached wearily to pull the covers up to protect himself from the cool London air. He sighed slightly as his hands met nothing but the same cold air he was trying to escape. He glanced over and groaned, as Sherlock was effectively cocooned in the white fluffy duvet. "Sherlock!" He grunted, shivering quite violently in the process. "Hand over some of the blanket." He knew his attempts were probably useless, especially considering Sherlock slept like he was dead, but he was willing to give it a shot. His wishes, however, were not granted as Sherlock simply rolled over and muttered something unintelligible. John cursed under his breath. Ever since he and Sherlock had become a "thing" this had been an almost endless struggle. Not to say that John was surprised. John gave up on his attempts to wake Sherlock and cuddled into Sherlock's cocoon. John sighed contentedly as he leaned into Sherlock's comforting warmth. As he relaxed into his body he thought back to the night Sherlock asked for them to begin to share a bed. They had been dating for about 3 months now, and Sherlock finally decided it was high time to ask.
"John?" Sherlock inquired. He was standing in the door frame to the living room, slightly awkwardly, and John was typing away in his recliner. He cocked his head back inquisitively towards Sherlock. "Yeah." John responded, a tad bit concerned by how nervous Sherlock seemed. "What is it, love?" John had taken to calling Sherlock that recently, and he would never admit it, but Sherlock loved it. "Well, we have been dating for 3 months now and I think that it is time that we start sharing a bed."
John sat and stared for a minute. His mind completely blanked. "Ummm," he managed to stutter out.
"Forget it!" Sherlock suddenly exclaimed, "it was a stupid question."
"No it wasn't!" John replied, Sherlock's sudden outburst snapping him out of his trance. "It's a brilliant idea."
______________
One down. WE WILL TAKE SUGGESTIONS FOR THINGS THAT ARENT IN THE PROMPT SO JUST LEAVE A COMMENT