Chapter 16: "Don't tell"

Start from the beginning

-"Hmm... I don't know."-Connor replied honestly-"It's just that this isn't the first time Oli has been on a date, and you haven't really been seeing anyone... that I know of."

-"W-Well"-Joe stammered-", for your information, I used to play in the big leagues! In England!"

He punched his chest, beaming with pride. Caspar snickered.

-"He keeps saying that but the truth is they keep shutting him down when he asks them out."-Caspar mocked, and Connor nodded understandingly.

-"Caspar! That's not true!"

Now Joe was acting pretty much like a kid. It was amusing to watch him stomp his bare feet and throwing his little tantrum.

-"Besides, if anyone's a player"-Caspar said suddenly-"it's gotta be either Will or Troye. They're the only ones that have landed a girlfriend. Oli keeps going on dates and I used to date Gaby, but we broke up."

At the mention of his name, Troye's head bopped up, already fully clothed except for his feet, which he was scrubbing with his towel.

-"What now-?"-Troye asked, completely unaware.

-"Well that much is true."-Joe said, looking down-"Will landed Arden, who's a hottie if I do say so myself, and Lia is also pretty cute."

-"Really cute."-Caspar observed-"Although she can be bossy sometimes..."

-"Yeah, Troye! How do you stand her when she's all over your business!?"-Joe asked almost accusingly.

Troye seemed to have a lack of words, and the color had drained off his face. Connor felt almost sorry for him. But these were his friends, and if he didn't talk about his relationship with them, it said a whole lot about it. Even the most reserved people need to vent out from time to time.

-"I'll tell you how he stands her!"-Caspar mocked-"She rocks his world!"

Caspar made a little pelvic dance that, if it weren't for his boxers, would've been far from PG. Joe snickered, Connor watched skeptically, and Troye looked away in embarrassment.

-"Oooooooooh...!"-Joe said with a realization as he laughed-"I see...! So, Troye, you and Lia go downtown, eh?"

Troye looked like he was about to murder Caspar.

-"I can't believe you hadn't told me!"-Joe exclaimed, offended.

-"Not that it's really any of your business."-Troye said-"Or any of you guys' business. The only reason Caspar knows is... well..."

Troye didn't want to finish the sentence, seemingly going even redder. Caspar had the largest smile on his face ever.

-"They borrowed my house one time."

Now that was a shock.

-"HAHAHAHAHAHA...!"-Joe laughed way too loud, rolling down on the floor from the impression-"YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS...!"

-"We had just gotten done practicing"-Caspar explained-"and then everyone left but Troye when Lia showed up! And the next thing I know he's begging me to leave them some space!"

Connor had to admit, the news had come rather as a shock. But still, Lia was Troye's girlfriend, and such thing as sex was just to be expected. Especially for teenagers. He'd just figured that they would at least do a better job at getting privacy.

-"I... can't... believe... this!"-Joe laughed, finally sitting up and looking at Troye-"Dude...! I mean, the only times I've gotten laid has been in hotels!"

Joe stood up and headed towards Troye, as the latter put on his shoes.

-"But Caspar's place? C'mon! You can do better than that!"