Tamia took the seat directly across from his. "Fine. I like the name Lauryn for a girl. If it's a boy, we'll name him Alexander after his daddy. Let's just hope that he doesn't inherit your weak-ass pullout game."

"A'ight, man. What do you need?"

"Plan B. And I need to take it as soon as possible."

"I got you."

The room became quiet for a moment, and then Tamia broke the silence. "So, that's it? You don't have anything else to say?"

"What am I supposed to say? I don't even remember seeing you last night, let alone sleeping with you. It's hard to care about something I have no recollection of."

"You cared when you were damn-near begging to fuck me, though."

"Not even then, most likely. I probably just decided to screw whoever was closest to me. And you better watch your mouth around these kids."

"Quoting what you told me last night, that's not my problem. Mine knows better than to repeat it. I don't have anything to do with yours."

"Do me a favor and save the pettiness for when I'm done burying my daughter. I don't have the energy to entertain your childishness right now."

"I'm being childish? Childish would have been letting you worry about having to get your children dressed and fed when I knew you were going to be too hungover to do anything right. You're the one who's being childish. You reply to everything that I say to you with an attitude, as if I'm the reason—"

"My child was killed? Forgive me if I'm behaving as though you're not my favorite person in the world right now, Tamia, but you know and I know that if I'd never met you, I'd still have Heaven."

"How long are you going to hate me for that?"

"You wouldn't be here with me right now if I hated you."

"So what's your problem?"

"I don't hate you, but I'm not exactly fond of you at the moment, either."

Tamia rolled her eyes. "That wasn't the case at all when we were driving up here. Bipolar ass," she mumbled.

Once again, silence fell over the room. The thick tension surrounding the table caused even the children to remain soundless. It was so quiet that one could hear a pin drop.

Fifteen minutes later, shortly after Tremaine left the table to get dressed, Tamia gathered all of the empty plates and took them to the sink. By the time she was done washing them off, Tremaine had returned to the dining room.

Dressed to the nines in a black Armani Collezioni suit that was identical to the ones he'd had tailor made for his sons, Tremaine looked just like a GQ model. He'd braided his dreads down and placed a bright diamond in his left ear. The expensive cologne he'd spritzed himself with filled the room, calling attention to his presence. After straightening his tie, he produced his keys from his pocket and motioned toward the door.

"Jay and Rae, let's go," he said.

The twins got out of their chairs and ran over to Tremaine, grabbing his hands. He led them over to the door and started to leave the suite, pausing momentarily when Tania's voice floated over his shoulder.

"Bye, 'Maine," she said with a large grin.

He turned around and returned her smile. "Later, Tania."

"Bye, rudeness," Tamia quipped after he turned back around.

Tremaine threw up the peace sign and left the room. He guided his children down to the first floor of the hotel, and then out to his car. After strapping them both in, he sat in the driver's seat and began driving to the church that he and Angelique had grown up in.