Shattered Past- Chapter 15

"Fay it's time to go." Anthony stated coolly, making sure that his voice wouldn't waver anymore.

"I'll be on the ship in a moment, you can go on ahed Anthony, I'll be fine." Fay replied back blankly as she sat at Leo's grave site that had white roses around the cross.

Soon after he was buried, Fay had walked up next to his resting place and had begun talking to him about the small things, because it comforted her in a way. As Anthony walked back to the shop wondering when she would come, and Fay turned back to Leo's cross saying, "It seems like I must go Leo, but I hope that you will go to a better place in this world. It probably offers much more than this war ridden and lovely earth."

After finishing that sentence Fay got up and recalled something that Leo had said to her once they had gotten down from the ships highest point.

"Fay." Leo said calmly as he turned to her as he escorted her to her room. Fay stopped to listen and Leo held her face with his right hand and said in a soft voice that she could other hear, "Promise me that you will keep on smiling for me? It brings joy not only to me, but to others too. Promise me?"

Fay could only stare at him with nodding slowly as he brushed her hair to the side and smiled.

"Good. I want only the best for you." He replied back with a whisper, and just like that, vanished into his room leaving Fay in the hallway with a small smile.

She had gone to bed, and she had to make sure that she had to keep her promise.

After going back through that memory, she looked back to Leo's Burial and curtsied, wiping some tears away and smiled brightly up at the sky saying, "We'll do our best Leo! We will save the others and you can celebrate up there too! You'll see!"

After saying that she kissed her finger and touched the cross and hurried of to set sail, but not before leaving a red rose that represented how much she had loved him. And the feelings would forever stay at the grave site.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"Are you ready now Fay?" Phillip asked as he checked on her looking out her bedroom window back at Naturalite in it's beauty.

Fay nodded and Phillip went to go and inform Rus that they were to leave now. They had accumulated  some crops and clothes, and were now headed toward Neptialite, where there were soldiers ready for battle if necessary in order to take back Arialite.

"I wonder how the King and Queen were going to get along now...." Fay thought and she knew that they had stayed behind with their son and to recover from what had happened the previous night. Recovery from that would take nearly the rest of their lives, and Fay felt awful for them at the loss that they had yo deal with now, but on the ship, everybody was affected by the loss too. Fay knew that if she went into the room across from her's, it would be barren; with no Leo.

She sighed deeply and felt the ship get farther away from Naturalite and with that, she laid down onto her small bed in her room and closed her eyes while listening to the sea outside her window.

Before she could drift off to sleep, she heard a small knock at her door, and she tiredly said, "You may enter."

Slowly, the door opened to reveal Micheal was a worried expression on his face. He shuffled over to Fay and grabbed the stool by her desk and sat by her bedside with Fay looked up at the ceiling blankly.

Micheal took out his whiteboard and marker from his back pockets and began to write something down. After a moment, he handed her the board that read, "Are you doing okay Fay? I haven't seen you since the funeral."