Walls of Fear- Chapter 14

"Is Fay okay?" Anthony asked Phillip as he adjusted his black suit to fit him more snugly.
The funeral for Leo was to be held at sunrise, and Fay still hadn't shown any sign of leaving her small room anytime soon.

The coffin sat open and Leo had been dressed in a white suit that matched his skin that wasn't in the least bit rough like most boys, and his hair still had its gold sheen that reminded them of the sun.

The royals had held the funeral at the beach, and all of the citizens had been invited. There were small seats out for all of the citizens and hundreds had come to see the prince before he was buried. They all say quietly and whispered sadly to each other  as the royals sat up in front with their heads down.

Phillip shook his head no as he turned his attention to the seemingly abandoned ship that never left the dock. He then decided that at this moment that he was going to retrieve Fay from the ship and to help her get out of her sadness.

He told the other royals to hold up the official start of the funeral, and marched over to retrieve Fay from her small boat of sorrow.
---------------------------------------
"I wasn't strong enough...I wasn't strong enough to save him..." Fay thought quietly to herself as she put her head down at a small desk that had a small mirror.
"I couldn't save him...and now he's dead...because I was weak...and I wish that he was here with us right now...with his cheery attitude and smile...a smile I will see no more..."
Fay let out a mournful sigh, and suddenly heard footsteps echo through the boat, and she was beginning to get angry with how the others wouldn't leave her alone.

"Fay, I need you to open this door right now." Phillip stated as he tried to open the door, and noticed that it was blocked by Fay's desk and mirror, and she refused to move.

"No Phillip." Fay said coolly back and she got up and blocked the door with a chair now, and she retreated to the corner where she stayed and stared down the door only a couple feet away.

"Fay, I really need you to let me in-" Phillip began before Fay yelled out, "I said No Phillip! Please leave me alone!"

This only egged Phillip on and he tried harder, "Fay! Why won't you come out?! Our friend just died, and you are refusing to attend his funeral!...I think that you are disgracing him with not go-"

What he just said made something inside Fay just snap. Knowing that she was not only weak, but now her friends were saying that she was a disgrace to Leo for not seeing his lifeless body that she will never see again pushed her too far.

Fay slammed her fist against the door and it made a loud bang and she screamed out, "Phillip STOP. He's DEAD because of ME!"

The other side of the door was silent, and Fay was unaware of what was to come.

The door flew open, the table came crashing down with the chair, and the mirror shattered with a crash and there stood Phil, his eyes filled with anger.

Fay immediately grabbed a glass shard and held it against her chest protectively and shook with fear, completely regretting what she had just said.

He marched over to her and tore the sharp blade from her hand and slammed his fist into the wall behind her, not only causing a hole in the wall, but prevented Fay from escaping.

He leered inches from her face and boomed in a loud and enraged voice, "NEVER say that ever again! You don't even understand the meaning of DEATH AND FAULT!"

Phil grabbed her by the face, forcing her to look at him and her eyes widened as she saw his face contort into fury.

"IT WASNT YOUR FAUlT! There are far worse things that you could be at fault for, and don't even make me start listings things that could possibly be WORSE! You don't understand the guilt that is put on our shoulders everyday, so you can just DEAL WITH IT AND GROW UP!"