Chapter 1

"Come on Jordan! Don't be such a killjoy!" I drag him away from his desk towards the door, dodging the pile of green shorts at the end of the bed.

"No Erin! I told you once and I'll tell you again- I don't do parties!" He stares at me pleadingly, his puppy eyes killing me softly. I let go with a disappointed sigh. He smiles before trotting back over to his seat. But I really wanted to go to the party... wait! I have an idea! Quickly, I stand myself between him and his chair. He groans before smirking slightly with his hands on his hips.

"How about I make a deal? We spend the rest of today doing things I want and tomorrow you can show me all this dorky computer stuff you've been rattling on about." His eyes widen happily before he nods. "Plus you get more time than me, since there's only fifteen hours left of to-" He knocks the wind out of me as he suddenly hugs me tight.

"Yesyesyesyes! 1000 times yes! I will go to your dumb party if you promise everything you just said..." He holds me at arms length and raises a suspicious eyebrow at me. Seriously, you'd think he'd trust me after our entire childhood of growing up together!

I sigh. "You know, there's only one way we can finish this..." I stick out my hand. He grins wildly before taking it in his own. Ever since first grade, we use this handshake as our version of a pinkie promise. Now, at 18 and 19 (I know IRL they are six years apart but just roll with it) we still do it, it's like a tradition! If we shake it we cannot break it. First, you start with a traditional handshake to get the ball rolling. Then we high five both the front and backs of our hands before a final fistbump.

"Can we go now?" He groans dramatically but follows me out the door. Chad invited me to his party for his 19th and I really want to go. Only thing is, I had no date to hang with- not like Jordan's my date or anything because we're just friends. Obviously. Chad said it was fine if I went alone but I know I'd feel embarrassed and awkward to arrive with no one. I'm so happy I persuaded Jordan because I would've had to miss out on the party otherwise.

I lead him down the winding halls of this university. Why does his room have to be so far from mine? I know I shouldn't complain but I kinda wish I had taken Jordan's offer of the room next to his. Guess I thought it'd be awkward, you know?

Eventually, we both arrive in my dorm. The few people loitering around say hello to me but totally ignore Jordan. I hate when people do that! I know he isn't the most sociable, but that's only because idiots like them don't want to accept him! I unlock my door and push Jordan in, getting a few curious glances. I mean come on! Can't two people of opposite genders be close without dating? Just because he's a dude doesn't mean I want his tongue down my neck! Sorry, but it's the truth.

"Right, Jordan. Go into the bathroom and change into the clothes I borrowed from Cha-" He puts his hands in the air to tell me to be quiet. "Nononono! I did not agree to getting changed!" He crosses his arms and stomps his foot like the little five year old he is.

"Alright then, I'll just turn up tomorrow in a huge pink dress and you won't be able to change it! I'll have frills and bows and ooh, maybe even some lace, what do you think?" He buttons up his top lip, scrunching up his nose before realising he's defeated. He groans and mopes into the bathroom. "I don't think there's anything wrong with what I wear everyday but fine." Little does he know what's going to happen with the rest of the day...