"Mia!" I seethe.

She raises her own glass to herlips, pursing her lips at me. "The sexual tension is on fire somuch so that the hotel will probably combust."

Getting up from the table, Iexcuse myself to the bathroom. At least in there nobody will bestaring at me. And if they did, well that's just creepy andinnapropriate. When I get to the bathroom, I check my phone for anyimpending texts from the parental units. My mom should be going intolabor soon. I don't want to miss that text message. After all, it'smy sibling. Which is weird considering I've been an only child alltwenty one years of my life. Almost twenty two years. My birthday isjust short of two weeks. Unfortunately there's no texts from anyone.No one texts me anyway...Applying more makeup, I stare at myself inthe mirror.

My eyes are baggy after a longweek at work. Hyde has been on my butt with manuscripts this week.There's been an increase in books that people want published. Notlike I don't love my job, it's just Jack is a little demanding. Plusthere's that trip to Chicago I'm supposed to go on next week. I'm noteven sure if I'll be going anymore. Christian won't be happy, makingme feel miserable. That's something that I don't want right nowespecially since we've been getting on so well together.

Biting my lip, I think aboutgoing to Chicago. He should be proud of me for landing such a greatopportunity in my career so early. Who knows when I'll get anotherchance like this. It may be a one time only kind of deal. I wouldn'twant to miss out on that.

***

About two hours later,Christian drops me off at my apartment. When we get inside, I backhim against the door. He puts his arms around my waist, my hands onhis chest.

"Ana," Christian sayslightly.

I touch my lips lightly to his."I've been waiting to kiss you for hours."

He leans into me, lips hardagainst mine. His tongue is in my mouth, my hands now around hisneck. He backs me up until I land on the couch. He stands above me,taking off his tie and suit jacket. My heart is pounding against mychest. It's definitely about to come out of my chest and land out thewindow. He lies on top of me, taking my mouth greedily against his.My legs wrap around his waist as he deepens the kiss, making me sighwith pleasure. I reach to the first button on his shirt, undoing eachone my one. He lets me continue until a knock pounds against my door.Groaning, I try to unravel myself from underneath Christian.

He places his mouth on mineagain, pulling back to say, "whoever it is can wait."

The pounding becomes morefrantic and this time he lets me up. He doesn't bother to put hisshirt back on. I straighten my dress and answer the door. Christianstands beside me, shirtless and looking glorious. Mia stands on theother side of my door, looking between the two of us.

"Uh..." she takes in herolder brother with his shirt off, looking embarrassed.

I run my hand through my hair,knowing that it's probably been mussed. Christian swears under hisbreath and makes his way back to the living room to receive hisshirt. Once he's fully dressed, he comes back to the door. Mia isstill standing in the doorway, not saying anything. I push her insideand close the door behind her. I urge her to sit on the couch.

"Out of all the times, whydid you have to come now?" Christian snaps at his sister.

She stares blankly at thefloor, eyes never blinking. I wrap an arm around her. "Mia, what'sgoing on? You're speechless and that's not normal for you."

"I didn't get the job."

I look at Christian for help. Ihave no idea what job it is she's talking about. "What job?"

"Personal assistant to PierreShampon. Fashion extraordinaire in France. I thought it would make mycareer soar but now? It's dead."

Christian runs his hand throughhis hair, letting out a groan. "Mia, it was one job. One guy. Oneinterview. There's going to be more job opportunities for you thatwill be more worthwhile than that French dude."

Mia wipes away the tears thathave been flowing from her eyes. She grabs her brother in a big hugand he awkwardly hugs her back. He's never been much of a huger, thatmuch I can tell.

"Yeah, I know you're going toget a much better job. Perhaps in Milan!" I say the first country Iknow that's known for their major fashion.

She slumps against the couch."Thanks guys. So, what were you two up to before I showed up?"She lets out a loud laugh when my eyes go wide at her question. Likealways, Christian just rolls his eyes, completely un-phased my hersuggestive question.

"Well, this has now gottenawkward, so I'm going to head out." Christian gets up, pulling meoff the couch.

I walk him to the door where hekisses me deeply. I sigh against his lips. "I would kick her out,but she needs a friend right now. I'm sorry."

"I understand. We'll talktomorrow. About Chicago, I hope you remembered that."

My mouth drops to the floor atthat comment.

"Okay..." I say as I watchhim walk away.

CRAP.