10

An hour. It took him a full hour to get ready and leave.

Leaving me locked in his house, like a damn dog, like a prisoner, just so he doesn't get caught out.

This is ridiculous!

And more than that, the torture he put me through. Having to sit in that damn pantry, in the dark. With nothing but loving words exchanged between the two them! I thought I was going to go insane. That or be viscously sick all over.

I was so close to just throwing the towel in, having done with it and showing my face to her. Explaining it all.

But really, what is the point now? It's done now.

So, now what?

I checked the windows, obviously they'd be locked. Like that door should have been last night.

I wasn't ready to be disturbed. We'd barely said 2 words to each other before miss perfect had to come and put a stop to it.

Seriously though, why the hell am I even bothered now? Why should I care?

She's pregnant. Jesus Christ!

There is literally no getting out of this one. What an idiot. Seriously, why is this happening? Was the whole thing planned? Has she done this to trap him? Maybe she had an inkling he was playing away, maybe that's why.

She must know George doesn't want kids. I know that. Or is that just what he told me?

I dunno. I don't know anything anymore.

Only the fact that I'm going to be trapped in this god damn house, basically being tormented with pictures of the two of them surrounding me until I can escape.

This is hell.

It's Just past 9.30 in the morning, and already this day is the worst of my life so far.

I flop down on the sofa. Images of me and George being on this sofa last time, stab into my mind to hurt me further.

I can't just sit here. I can't be here any longer. I need to find a way out. I need to get away from him, for good now. I already know without him feeling the need to explain when he gets back, that this is clearly the end for us. He can save it. I don't need to hear it. And with how I'm left feeling, I'll gladly walk away this time.

My phone pings from upstairs. I almost trip over the sofa, rushing for the stairs. Please be from George telling me where a spare key or something is. He seriously can't leave me locked up in here all day.

But then again this is George. The guy who forgets my existence the second he's in her presence.

. . . Of course it isn't the text isn't from him.

I sigh out, not overly keen to see what he has to say, but I open up Matty's text anyway.

** Didn't know whether
or not to get in touch.
Truth is, I can't seem
to stop thinking bout u.
Hit me back when you
get this. That film's
still here to rent for
next time ;) **

I roll my eyes at his cocky arrogance. What makes him think there will be a next time?

'Maybe because you were the first one to wanna get naked' my conscious snarls at me with unnecessary bitterness, attacking me while I'm already down.

I'm seriously not in the mood for any of this right now. But I guess it's best to get it over with so he knows where we both stand - Which is alone. Definitely alone now. I'm done with getting into anything serious in the future. With anyone ever again.

**Hey! Listen, I don't
really know how 2
word this. But, last
nyt - Huge mistake.
You know how it is.
Those daft spur of the moment's. Plus, we'd
both kinda had a bit
2 drink so... No hard feelings??? :)**

Hopefully I've got out of that one. I can't see it being a problem. Matty's well known for being the 'man slag' around here. He probably got a girl round to finish off what I started after I darted off anyway.

** Hold up, you were
more keen than me
last night :/ Y don't
we just see how it
goes for a bit?
Never know could
b fun! I kinda like u**

I cursed under my breath, my thumbs hovering over the screen ready to reply. But my mind was blank. No one can ever just have fun, can they? There's always that one fool that grows those fucking, horrid, stupid feelings. The one that falls too deep and ends up hurt. And that idiot is me.

**It was a mistake Matt**

I can't do this. I'm still stuck in the pricks house who I fell for last time, the first time round. Let me get out of this situation first, jesus.

My phone begins to flash red. Great. Now my battery's almost gone. My phone's going to die on me.

** U better get your
arse back to this
house right now
and let me out! Now**

I need a charger!

I begin raking through his bedroom draws in search of one. But nothing. Noting but his and hers clothes, all lined up neatly.

A pair of scissors on the bedside table at his side catches my attention.

.... I shouldn't. I mean, this is a crazy thought. But hell, he's made me crazy after all.

I grab them and one by one pick up an item of his clothing. He probably cares about these damn clothes more than me.

And I took great pleasure in shredding his clothes, and then casually flinging them across his bedroom floor.

I admire the mess I've made for some time. Before my phone beeps again....

It better be you George!

**Actually It's Matty ;) An yea, we'll see won't we**

Ugh.

This guy is impossible.

Yes, you will see.

A car pulling up into the drive panics me suddenly and brings me back to here and now.

If he has come back with her, he's another thing coming if he think's I'm planning on staying where he left me earlier. Hiding away just to save his ass. I'm not doing it again.

He'll have to think quickly on the spot.

He can blame me for breaking in for all I care. As long as I can get the hell out of this hell hole.

Away from him now.

I quickly get myself back in place. Closing the door behind me. Waiting to hear both their voices.

My mood now lifted knowing he's going to get a nice surprise when he goes upstairs. I almost giggle out in eager anticipation. Almost excited for his reaction.

The front door closes, "Ell?"

I don't move. I hold in my breath. Hearing his damn voice again triggers the ache in my chest to start again.

"Ella?" His knuckles knock against the wooden door I'm hidden behind.

I push the door open slowly. Still frozen in my crouched position. Already knowing I can't bare to now look at him.

"You can come out now" he chuckles, amused. His eyes fixed on me.

I stagger to my feet. Knowing it's best to leave things as it is.

Having nothing more to say.

I push past him and head for the door.

"Oi. Where you going, she's gone" He laughs again. As though what he said was normal. As though every thing is absolutely fine here now.

Is he for fucking-real?

I turn back around slowly. Ready to blow up in his face. . .