writing styles

Writing styles vary. I will try to go through the styles I've encountered throughout my time in this website (let's hope I don't fail, okay?).

1. Imagery

"His wide eyes darted to the eerie and dark corner of her room where her blue worn-out bag layed."

This is an example of the usage of imagery in a sentence. Imagine that scene in your head as vividly as you can. Imagery makes the scene more lively. Without the writing style, the sentence would look like this:

"She looked at the blue bag at the corner of the room. Scary."

Yuck.

2. Based on the thoughts

"Dan knew exactly what he was doing. Though his conscience told him to drop the knife, he did the complete opposite. All the fear he previously felt suddenly washed away when he gripped the black handle of the dagger."

Yep, self explanatory, isn't it?

3. Filled with information

"Hi, I'm Phil and I live in an apartment with my best mate, Dan. We like staying up late at night and playing video games. Sometimes we go out with our friends to grab a bite, but most of the time, we like to eat pizza only."

This writing style isn't my type, but it may be yours.

4. Mixed

A mixture of numbers one and two are what I really like. Books with this kind of writing are my favorite.

Hey! I have a challenge for you!

Using the mixed style of writing, write about what you're doing right now in the most interesting way you can.

Have fun!