dialogue

Side note: it's dialogue, not dialouge.

Dialogue is pretty basic, I guess. Although some people tend to have trouble with how to write it.

Others get lazy and tend to write it like this:

Diane: hi! im diane

Josh: hello.

It looks really plain and unappealing.

Try to spice it up a bit and get creative with the dialogue! Add features that make the dialogue more like how your characters act.

For example:

Diane is a British exchange student and she had just arrived in her new school while Josh, on the other hand, is a sad boy who doesn't have anyone to talk to.

Now that we've created the characters, it's time to bring the dialogue back to life.

Example:

"Hi there!" a blonde chirped and approached the boy sitting at the back of the class. "My name's Diane! You're Josh?"

"Oh, uhm, hello..." the boy trailed off and tried to ignore all the stares he was getting.

See? It looks better now!

Give the dialogue more feeling by putting yourself in your character's shoes. Trying to pretend you're a part of the conversation works too.

Since most people base their characters off of themselves, this part may be easier for them. They only have to work on how they write it.

°·°·°·°

Wrong:

"Cool." he responded.

"Hey what are you doing" she asked her sister.

"Ugh whatever :'(" i told him.

Right:

"Cool," he responded.

If the dialogue is followed by a talking verb (not sure if that's a word or not), you end the sentence with a comma, but if it's a question or if it's supposed to end in an exclamation point, leave it be.

If it is followed by another kind of verb like "grinned", now you can end it with the applicable punctuation.

"Hey! What are you doing?" she asked her sister.

Pretty self explanatory.

"Ugh, whatever," I told him.

Never ever add a face/emoji in a dialogue. It will look amateur and weird.

And...

"Don't Ever Write Your Dialogue Like This!!!!1!!1!1!1!!!!"

-

I guess that's it for today! I might try to double update.