One Thing

Sipping your steaming hot cup of tea you peer out of the window it's a dreary rainy morning and you feel fed up. You can't even bare the thought of having to  walk to college in that weather. Definitely a minimal makeup, messy bun kinda day you conclude as you try to wake up and pull yourself together ready for the day ahead. All you really want to do is crawl back into bed. Preferably with Niall. Its been 10 long, heartache filled days since he left and whilst you've spoken to him several times a day every day you're really struggling to keep your spirits up. He still hasn't been given any dates when he will be free to fly home and see you. You've now spent twice as long apart as you did together and its starting to take its toll.

You realise that all to familiar pang in the pit of your stomach as you think of him. Its almost painful.

Mindlessly watching breakfast tv and daydreaming about what you are going to wear on such a rubbish summers day your thoughts are interrupted by a knock at the door.

It's only 8.20am - you've no idea who it could be so you peer through the window - relieved to see that its just the postman.

As you open the door he hands you an envelope that you have to sign for. You feel excited because Niall asked for your address four days ago and as you see the USA postmark on the envelope you know it must be from him.

You open the letter immediately without even waiting for the postman to leave and mindlessly step back inside closing the door behind you.

There are several sheets of paper inside and as you look at the formally typed documents it becomes clear that froma letter  from niall like youd hoped but actually from Virgin airlines. You browse through them as fast as possible taking in a few key words as you go.

Booking confirmation.... flight number..... Manchester - JFK Airport.
Depart 12th June
Return 17th June

You can't make sense of it. It's clearly flight booking. At first you thought he was surprising you with details of him coming home.... but this flight is leaving the UK to go to America. To JFK where the hell that is?

Baffled you read on.

Visa application form.... accommodation.....airport transfers.... first class for Miss (Your Name) holy shit this flight is for YOU.

You panic as you try and fail to make sense of it. This is flight tickets for YOU to go to America. To this JKF place. You've never even heard of it.
You assume this has been sent by Niall but why is he sending you there? You Google it on your iPhone.

Result returns - JFK Airport - New York.

You cannot believe your eyes. That's what he meant by 'planning something youd love' hes sending you to New York. You've always dreamed of going to New York.

Then reality strikes. 12th June is in six days. 

You call him without even thinking what you are going to say.

"Hey babe" he answers

"Hey - Niall listen the postman has just been and I'm completely  freaking out" you begin to explain

"You like the surprise?" He asks excitedly

"Erm well actually I'm really shocked and confused and.... freaked out" you answer a bit too honestly

"Why?" He asks sounding deflated and concerned.

"Well - I have ALWAYS wanted to go to New York but I just didn't expect this and I don't know why you've done it and why am I going in six days? On my own?" You ask - frantically bombarding him with questions

He laughs cutely

"Not exactly on your own. I will be there - you're coming meeting me babe. I can't get home to see you - so I'm flying you out to see me - AND New York" he replies and you gasp once again.