Take Me Home

You feel lost as you walk into your kitchen and flick on the kettle, making yourself a cup of tea before going to sit in the lounge. Your head trying to process the events of the last week and your heart heavy and full of fear. This is the most serious relationship you've ever had, why does he have to leave? Will things work out or is this life's way of ruining it all? It's just not fair at all.

You decide that you need to just take some quiet time to absorb everything so you decide to run yourself a bath and make another cup of tea to take in with you. Tea solves everything after all.

Lying in your steaming hot bubblebath things do eventually start to untangle in your brain and you find yourself smiling like a maniac as you think of the moments you've been lucky enough to have. The pizza nights, the theme park, the party, the first kiss, the romantic meal and the time you've just spent in Ireland. The last one even makes you flush a little at the memories of the passion.
Yes, he's gone and yes it is FAR from ideal BUT you are so lucky to have had any of that so you can't wallow in pity you've just got to be thankful and grateful and make it through until you can see him again and hope that is sooner rather than later.

Nialls pov
Leaving her is honestly the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I've intentionally stayed single and not got involved with anyone for five years of being in this band. I've seen the others be torn  apart with heartache, Liam every time he has to say goodbye to Sophia.... it even hurt to watch as an onlooker. I couldn't imagine what it would be like for it to be me it was happening to, I didn't ever want to go through that.... at least until now.
Now I'm starting to understand why people put themselves through it. The week I've just had with her was incredible. All of the heartache in the world would be worth it for another week like that and that's how I'm going to have to get through it. It's going to be hard....but worth it.

The other thing I'm struggling with is the fact that just as we've got together and found our path we've been torn apart. Can such a new relationship even withstand such prolonged separation?

I take my phone out of my pocket and type a text

'Thankyou for the best week of my life. I'm sorry I have to leave you just when things were perfect. I promise i'll make it up to you as soon as I can xx'

I place my phone on my lap and stare out of the car window as I'm driven further and further away from her, wondering how the hell I'm going to get through this next few weeks. It's going to be horrible.
Knowing that if this doesn't work out its my fault. I'm the one who's left and torn us apart and even though I had no choice it doesn't make it any easier.

My phone buzzes in my lap and I open the text

"You dont need to thank me! You don't need to make anything up to me. Just hurry home! I'll be waiting xx"

A silly smile spreads across my face reading the last part. She'll be waiting! And I know in that moment she means it. We'll be ok.

Your pov

Bathtime over you decide it's about time you spoke to your friends. You're not entirely sure what you're going to say but two things are for sure. The first is that you've got a LOT to fill them in on and the second is that you need them - more than ever.
You lie on your bed and call Elle
You've barely spoken to her all week apart from the odd text - you couldn't get on the phone to her and tell her anything because you were constantly with Niall and you could hardly talk about him in front of him so you had to briefly fill her in by texts and you know that's just not good enough  because she needs to know everything.

"Well hello stranger!" She answers
"I'm so sorry! Soooooooo sorry" you begin
"This better be good. Going AWOL with a hot pop star for nearly a week leaving me desperate for the gossip.... its pretty much unforgiveable"
She says in a sarcastic voice and you know this conversation is going to be hard work so you decide to use the power of manipulation.