More Than This

Nialls point of view

I finally get a grip of myself and run down the corridor after her. I grab her arm and turn her to face me. Words escape me but feelings don't as I pull her into my chest and hug her tightly, now ready to cry myself. I just can't make sense of it all. In my head a thousand thoughts spin like a revolving door. She's dropped a bombshell on me when I'm drunk and I just can't process it. I pull away from the hug and look into her bloodshot, drunk, emotional, exhausted eyes and deep down I know.... this is real.
"Right, come on. Let's go back to the room. Let's talk" I say and she sobs. "The tears have got to stop though. It's ruining me seeing you like this" I tell her as I wipe her eyes and put an arm around her shoulder leading her back to my room. Harry's words still ringing in my ears that this situation between me and her is "fucked up" and we do need to sort it out.

Your point of view.

Your heart pounds as he leads you back into his room, you still don't know how he feels. The fact he came after you shows he cares, but in what way? As a friend? Or more? Hes really scaring you by saying 'we need to talk.' You just have no idea what he's going to say and at the moment it's not much.

Once back into the room he sits you on the edge of the bed and stands before you.
"Listen, let's just calm things down, sober up and then talk? Yeah?" He gently whispers.
"Niall, please, If you don't feel the same way just tell me, I can't bear this. Say something. Say anything" you beg and he drops his head down to look at the floor. He sighs heavily as you brace yourself for the worst.

"You want to know how i feel? Ok.... here goes.
When we lie in bed at night I want to hold you. When I think about leaving to go back on tour and not seeing you for months it kills me. When i picked you up tonight and seen you stood there in your dress you looked SO beautiful and i wished you were my girl. When we arrived at the hotel and the press hounded you I just wanted to protect you and keep you safe. When you said you kissed harry it hurt. When Harry said that the situation between me and you was fucked up I knew he was right. Seeing you crying literally kills me inside, hearing you say youre falling for me left me speechless because i dont even come close to deseving someone as wonderful as you. So yes, I think its safe to say I've fallen for you too."

A warm sense of relief washes over you followed by a feeling of fear that just because he feels the same way doesn't necessarily mean theres going to be a happy ending in all of this. You might have ruined everything by kissing Harry.

"So what do we do now? Talk about it?" You ask still wiping away tears but now they're tears of happiness not sadness.

"I think thats wise, i think we need to talk but first i think we need to sober up. Shall i order us some Coffee?" He asks picking up the phone to diall room service. You agree its a good idea.

You pop to the bathroom but when you catch sight of yourself in the mirror you physically take a step backwards
"Jesus" you exclaim loudly without meaning to.
"You ok" he shouts from the bedroom and you open the door.
"Not really no have you SEEN the state of me?" You gesture towards your face and hair but he shrugs, walks towards you, presses you right up close against the bathroom counter and without warning places one soft kiss on your cheek just short of your mouth. It leaves you breathless and you want more, but instead he walks over to the bath and starts running it. You look at him perplexed.
"Youre taking a bath? Now?" You ask baffled by his actions "No, you are. You need to unwind - a bath will make you feel better" he answers and you feel yet more tears develop in your eyes. Hes so thoughtful. The developing tears prove he is right too - You do need to unwind. You're a stressed, emotional wreck.

You wriggle out of your dress and get into the lovely warm bath whilst it's still running. Why wait! You find an array of complimentary hotel toiletries on the edge of the bath including soap, shampoo & conditioner. You set about cleaning yourself up. Already you feel so much better and you are certainly sobering up too.