Chapter 3: His Dark Eyes

Yay! I'm back to write another chapter! :) Thanks for 9 votes and all the comments ;)

This chapter is dedicated to @emmycrankypants1954!! She commented and suggested I use Niall in this fanfic. I really liked her comment. Thanks, Emily:)

So, for all those reading, here is chapter 3... :)

*********************************************************

I was scared. No denying that. But I didn't like the fact that I was. So I took a deep breath and stared back into Zayn's dark eyes. They were hard, but there something in them that looked almost sad. But then, the look was gone and there was only coldness.

I swallowed hard and spoke loudly, hoping my voice wasn't shaking. "Let's go see your room, shall we?" To my relief, Zayn backed away and let me continue up the stairs ahead of him, my heart pounding loudly. I led the way down the hall to the room at the very end. I slowly swung the door open and watch him stroll inside.

I stood there in the doorway, watching Zayn's dark eyes roam the room for a long time before they fixed on my face. They actually looked almost happy...just a little bit.

"Like it?" I asked, a bit uncomfortable from his intense gaze.

"It'll do." Was Zayn's reply. He didn't move his eyes. Instead, he stepped closer.

"D-do you have any bags you want me to help you bring in?" I ventured to ask, mentally face-palming myself for stuttering.

"I'm good, love. Thanks." Zayn finally looked down, but a few seconds later, he looked back up.

I felt my heart flutter slightly at his long eyelashes. "It's Erika," I said softly.

"Hmm..." Zayn replied indifferently, stepping back and glancing towards the door. "You can leave now." His voice was hard all of a sudden.

My breath caught at his angry voice, but I took the hint and slowly backed away and out the door. "Ask if you need anything," I said as I left, saying it mostly out of habit.

There was no sound from the door except the loud slamming of the door.

I shuddered at the noise and slowly made my way to my room at the other end of the hall. Pushing open the door, I dropped onto the small double bed and stretched out on my back. I felt something crunching and I quickly reached into my back pocket, pulling out...Skye's letter? Right, I had slipped it into my pocket sometime after getting inside the house and completely forgetting about it.

A smile lit up my face as I unfolded it and snuggled down to read it. I'm not sure when or how I fell asleep, but the next thing I knew, I was waking up. My eyes scanned around the familar room. The blue paint. The music note wallpaper. The posters. The room that was mine.

Sitting up, I rubbed my eyes and glanced at the clock on my bedside table. "9:00!" I exclaimed out loud. I had slept for over an hour. Out the window, darkness had fallen. I got up and went out into the hall. Zayn was probably still in his room. Was Mom already in hers? I decided to find out.

Silently, my feet making no noise on the carpeted hallway and stairs, I made my way to the livingroom. It was empty. Mom must be in bed. Sighing, I headed towards the kitchen. I was hungry and wanted to grab a snack before I went to bed. The fridge was annoyingly empty of anything I felt like eating. I grabbed the jug of grape juice, poured it in a glass, then took an apple from the counter  and sat down on the bar stool at the island.

 I was just sinking my teeth into the apple when the floor creaked behind me, and my heart skipped a beat as I spun around.

Who else was it, but Zayn Malik, grinning almost evily at me. His dark eyes shone in the dark room since the only light was the small light over the sink.

"Zayn Malik!" I yelled, not even trying to hide me anger. "What do you think you're doing sneaking up on people in the middle of the night?! I could have punched you!"

The grin instantly faded from Zayn's face as his jaw tightened. Even in my moment of anger, I couldn't help but notice his perfect jawline and cheek bones.

"I wouldn't hit touch me if I were you," Zayn said in a low voice. "You have no idea..." His voice trailed off.

I had to admitt it. His tone really freaked me out. To ignore it, I rolled my eyes. "Well, I'm not you," I replied, trying to make my voice sound carefree.

 Zayn looked like he was about to reply, but instead, he just moved slightly closer and looked right into my eyes.

I stared back, feeling transfixed by his dark eyes, their beauty and by the strength that seemed to radiate from them. It was like he could see right into my soul. Usually, I felt uncomfortable looked into someone's eyes for a long time, but there was something about his eyes. Something that had be completely sucked into...into what?

After realizing that I wasn't going to look away, Zayn blinked fast and abruptly turned away and went over to the sink.

Only then, did I hear my heart beating widely. I placed my hand on my chest and also noticed that my hand was shaking. Was I scared of Zayn? Or did I feel a connection to him...emotionally?

Zayn was still standing by the sink, looking confused.

I slipped off the stool. "Would you like a drink?" I spoke quietly. I reached up into the cupboard and took down a glass.

"No." Zayn said quickly.

But I could tell he did. So I just stood there, holding out the glass, tapping my foot.

"Stop that!" Zayn hissed, reaching out a rouch hand and practically yanking the glass from my hand.

I stepped back, my eyes wide. For a milisecond, I saw a flash of regret in his eyes, but he turned away. I shook my head, ignoring the thought, and went back to the table.

Zayn stood there, drinking ever so slowly. I finished my snack and as Zayn finally made his way over to the doorway, I got up and followed.

Just as Zayn went through the door way, I took a chance and said softly, "Goodnight, Zayn."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Zayn's eyes immediantly darken more than ever and he spun around, pushing me up against the door way. He didn't actually touch me; it was mostly me backing up and him standing up against me.

I was so scared and surprised, I felt a tear fall from my eye. "W-what's wrong, Zayn?" My voice cracked.

"Don't say that to me!" Zayn growled, his eyes flashing.

My breath was stolen. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't speak. "I-I'm sorry? " You croaked out, but it sounded more like a question.

Zayn's eyes soften for a second before he pushed off the wall and like a flash, he was gone.

I sank against the doorway. What had just happened? ....

Later, snuggled up in bed, I lay awake. Who exactly was Zayn Malik? Why was he so angry? Why did he scare me? The answers illuded me. Finally, I drifted off to sleep. The last thing I saw before darkness overcame me was his dark eyes.

*************************************************

Sorry if that was a little short. I just wanted to show you a bit more of Zayn's angry side. :(I know, they're not a couple or anything, yet... ;) But I'm already calling them Zerika. I love that!!

So what did you think of this chapter? Please comment/vote if you liked it :) I would love any feedback you could give me. If I really like your comment, I may dedicated the next chapter to you. <3

Stay beautiful, stay strong, stay amazayn, and stay a directioner XOXO Love, Erica