Chapter 1: The Stranger

Hey! Thanks to those who read the introduction and commented :) I started this as soon as two of you commented! Thanks! I hope you like this chapter. Before I begin, I do want to say a couple things:

1. This chapter is dedicated to ChloeObsessed1D. She is an author on wattpad, who made the book cover for this book. It's pretty awesome, eh? I looove it, so this chapter is dedicated to her. Thanks, Chloe. You're amazayn, love :)

2. No hate please. Zayn Malik in here isn't famous. I just used his name and his look and a few of his character-traits. So if there is something in here, that you think "Zayn, wouldn't be like that!", it cause it's not meant to be like him. I love Zayn and he's totally amazayn. :)

3. THERE IS NOO SWEARING OR SEX IN THIS BOOK!! Sorry, just had to put capital letters. ;)

But I promise you, you will like this book if you like Zayn, romance and mystery, so please by all means,

Read on.......

* * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * *

I stood there for a full minute, watching the sleek black car drive slowly up the driveway, its paint glistening in the setting sun. It seems to put a spell on me, the way it creeped slowly, but almost with confidence. And the guy in it...

I shook my head to clear my thoughts and with Skye's letter still clutched in my hand, I took off across the lawn. My long legs flew over the newly cut grass and my mind raced just as fast. Who was this stranger in the shiny black car? He was probably wanting to stay at our little "bed and breakfast." But somehow, something told me there was more to it than that.

The lawn way was shorter than the driveway, so I reached the garage, just as the car pulled up to it and stopped. A guy got out and started walking toward me.

My breath caught and I froze. This guy was so beautiful! He had short-long black hair that was sticking up everywhere. It looked rumpled by the wind and like it was just waiting for someone to run their hand through it. He wore faded black jeans and a brown leather jacket thrown on over his white shirt. He walked with a slow almost swagger, like he was confident, yet there was something about him that made him seem anxious.

He came up to me and stopped. "Hey!" He greeted, and I instantly heard the British accent. I loove English boys.

It took all my will power to speak in a normal voice. "Hi. May I help you?" I asked unsure of his reply.

"It depends, love," Was his answer, smooth and easy.

I took a deep breath. He had called me "love." I knew it was a thing English people did alot, but it made my heart skip a beat anyway.

The guy just stared at me for a moment, waiting for me to say something. When I didn't, he continued, "I'm looking for a place to stay. I heard about this little "Bed and Breakfast" and it sounds perfect. Do you have any vacancies?"

"You'll have to talk to my mom. She's the real manager,," I explained. "Come on in."

I turned and led the way to the porch and in the front door. It opened into a large entry way. On one side was a stairway, on the other a door that led into the livingroom.

I led the way into the livingroom and pointed to a chair. "You can sit there. I'll go get my mom."

He gave me an almost smug smile and lowered himself into the chair.

I took a deep breath and turned and went up the stairs. The first door on the right was my mom's. I knocked. "Mom, are you in there?"

"Come in." Mom called, her voice sounding slightly tired.

I pushed the door open and entered.

My mom was sitting in a chair, holding a book. She looked like she had just woken up from a nap. "Hi, dear," She smiled, pulling herself up a bit and running a hand through her short blonde curls.

"Sorry to bother you, mom," I appologized. I dropped a kiss on her cheek before continuing. "But there's a guy here looking for a room."

"Okay. I'll be right down. Meanwhile, make him feel welcome, ask him if he wants a drink..." Mom got to her feet and looked at me as she gave the orders.

"Sure, Mom." I skipped out of the room, closing it behind me. Slowly, I walked down the stairs, thinking. What if the guy was gone? What if he had stole something? Erika, stop it! He's just a guest looking for somewhere to stay! Stop being dramatic!

I ran a hand through the end of my long hair and entered the livingroom. My breath caught and my eyes darted to the place where Zayn had been sitting. The only differencewas...he wasn't there anymore!! He was gone!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Where did Zayn go? Did he just steal something and take off? Why had he even come in the first place?

Find out by reading the next chapter! :) 

I will update after 10 reads and 3+ comments!! So vote, comment and follow! <3

Thank-you soo much for reading..I love you...XOXO

Love, Erica