Introduction

Life is not simple all the time. Sometimes, I throws you all kinds of curves and tunnels. It hits you the hardest with what you're not expecting it all.

On that warm summer evening, the only thing I was expecting was a letter from my best friend, Skye. She lived in California, which seemed half-way across the world from where I lived in the outskirts of Toronto, Ontario. We had been best friends from middle school. After graduation, she had headed to California to pursue an acting/modeling career. Instantly, we had started writing letters - a bit old-fashioned maybe, but neither of us cared.

I skipped down the lane, my bare feet bouncing lightly across the gravel. It was the perfect day to be outside. The warm breeze blew across the grass, though my long, brown hair and across my tanned skin as I reached into the mailbox. My hand closed around the stack of letters and bills and I pulled them out.

With a squeal, I grabbed Skye's letter from the rest and waved it above my head, dancing my feet in joy. My day was made!

As I turned to go back to the house, a black car coming up the road caught my eye. I wasn't really an expert on cars, but it seemed like a sweet ride. Then...

Maybe it was because I was pumped about getting Skye's letter or maybe it was because the car was so cool, but whatever the reason, I waved.

To my surpise, the driver, which I could see was a guy, waved back.

Then, to my amazement, I realized that he had been heading here and....he was turning into our lane!!

**************************

First of all, sorry for any mistakes! haha

What do you all think so far? Like it? Should I continue? 3+ votes and a couple comments and I will!

By the way, thanks for even reading this far! You're amazayn <3 XOXO

Love, Erica