Chapter 2: Zayn Malik

Hey, loves! Happy Tuesday everyone! :) I've been thinking a lot about this chapter lately, so I'm gonna go ahead and write it!!

This chapter is dedicated to...all my beautiful followers! I've gotten quite a few lately! I hope you've all read the parts before this. If you didn't, perfect chance to go check them out :)

If you have...stay beautiful...and read on... :)

*********************

My heart pounded as I stood frozen in the doorway as I looked at the empty chair. My mind was racing thousands of miles over the speed limit.

Calm down, Erika. It'll be okay. He can't be far. See if his car is gone. I mentally punched myself for not thinking of that first. I raced to the window and looked out. The sleek beauty was still where he had parked it.

I sighed in relief. Okay, so he was probably still somewhere in the house. But where was somewhere?

As if to answer me, there was a resounding clang from the kitchen, like a cup had just fell to the floor. Without another thought, I dashed through the livingroom and towards the sound.

When I got there, I stopped and leaned against the doorway in surprise, relief and anger.

For there, bending down to pick up a cup on the floor, was the guy. He straightened up when I entered, the cup in his hand. A mixture of guilt and surpise filled his perfect features...wait what?

"What are you doing?" I blurted out, my face feeling heated.

His face immediately hardened. "Getting a drink. What's it to you?" He replied with a smirk.

I was speechless at his forwardness. When I finally could talk, I said the first thing that came to my mind. "Um, excuse me? This is my house, incase you didn't realize."

This time he smiled at me. I couldn't help but notice how beautiful his smile was, but there was still a hit of anger in his dark eyes. "I was thirsty and besides, I will be staying here soon." He shrugged carelessly, his face set.

I gritted my teeth. This dude was seriously annoying. Beautiful, but annoying, none the less.

To hold in my anger, I lowered my eyes. "My mother will be right down to talk to you."

"Hmm..." Was all he said and started to the doorway. When he walked by me, he handed me the cup. His fingers brushed over mine and he looked closely into my eyes before turning away.

When he was gone, I shivered involuntarily. There was something mysterious about that guy. He was undeniably gorgeous, but strangely suspicious. For some reason, I was a tiny bit scared of him.

Slowly, I made my way over to the sink, dropped the cup in and made my way back to the livingroom.

The guy was sitting on the couch, slouching into it. His right leg was resting in a L-shape on his left. I mentally rolled my eyes and sat down on the chair farthest away from him. He looked up as I purposely looked away from him. "What is your name anyway, love?" He asked in his rough voice.

I found it strange how he called me "love" when he clearly didn't like me. That's right, it was a British thing. You huffed and answered him. "Not that it's any of your business, but it's Erika."

"Okay." His face showed no expression.

"And yours is..."

He opened his mouth to speak when my mom came into the room. She smiled brightly at the guy. "Welcome, young man. My name is Angelina Hunter and I own this place. I'm assuming you already met my daughter, Erika." She looked at me.

I nodded and faked a smile. "Yes, we met," I said in a low voice, not wanting to look at the guy.

I heard him give a short laugh, almost growl from his spot on the couch.

"Good. So, Erika tells me you want to stay here for a bit. First of all, what's your name?" My mom asked, turning back to him.

"Zayn. Zayn Malik." Finally, I knew his name. Zayn. Zayn. For some reason, it seemed to suit him.

"Where are you from, Zayn?" My mom asked next.

"A small town in England that you've probably never heard of." was Zayn's answer.

"Okay, so..."

Mom's voice became distant as I faded out, my eyes glued on Zayn. Zayn was the perfect name for him. There was something beautiful, but mysterious about the name which fit it's owner perfectly. I tried to rip my eyes off Zayn, but I couldn't. His face was so beautiful. His cheekbones were perfectly chisled with a bit of stubble on his chin. His lips were so full and plump. His eyes were the color of deep dark chocolate. Wait, his eyes. They were looking into mine.

Oh, gosh! I quickly looked down, my face burning, but not before I saw Zayn glaring at me, his expression blank, but I could read the anger anyway. I must have been too busy checking him out to notice that he was watching me watch him. Talk about awkward!

"Erika. Erika..." Mom's voice shook me from my trance. I looked at her, being very careful not to so much as glance at Zayn.

"Erika," Mom repeated. "While you were off in your own world, I've decided that Zayn will be staying with us for a while. I would like you to show you his room. It will be the one near the attic."

"Sure, Mom," You said. But your mind was screaming, "No! Now I have to be alone with him!"

Mom stood up and as Zayn rose too, she smiled warmly at him again. "I hope you enjoy your stay with us, Zayn. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask either one of us."

"Thank-you, Mrs. Hunter." Zayn smiled back, a gentle smile, much to my surprise. "I will be sure to do that."

Mom smiled one last time. "Now, Erika will show you your room. Excuse me, please." She turned and left the room.

We both stood staring after her awkwardly for a moment, then I made my way back to the stairway and started up, glancing back quickly to see if Zayn was following. "Why did you do that?" I demanded suddenly.

"Do what?" Zayn's eyebrow was raised.

"Everything. Just like randomly getting a drink in a random house, being so polite to my mom, but so rude to me. And you didn't even ask to see the room first before you agreed to stay here." I ran out of breath. I looked at him, waiting.

Zayn gave a short chuckle, though there was no humor in it. "I do what I do for a reason... a reason you don't know and maybe never will."

I looked closely at him. His eyes were narrowed and I could tell he didn't like me questioning his actions. "Oh, so it's a secret? Aww..." I said in a baby voice. Why was I doing this? I already knew he was the type to lose his temper fast.

Zayn didn't so much as blink, but the next thing I knew, he was standing right in front of me, my back against the railing. "Erika," He spoke in a low voice and his warm breath tickled my face. "You will find that there are somethings better left alone. There are things about me that it would kill you if you found out."

I stood frozen, my heart pounding from his closeness as well as fright. Suddenly, I was a whole lot more scared of this stranger, called Zayn Malik.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, guys, what did you think of Chapter 2? Please comment your thoughts! And don't forget to vote. :) A couple comments and 3 more votes for the next chapter!! ;)

I also have a question for you guys:

Which of the others boys of 1D do you want to be in this fanfic? (You can only pick one for now.)

PLEASE comment! The best comment (as well as with an answer) gets the next chapter dedicated to them! Yay!! :)

So, that's it! Thanks for reading, loves and I hope you like it! Stay beautiful! XOXO

Love, Erica