Chapter 3

Mrs Callea dismisses us as soon as the bell rings for second period. I gather up my things, glad that next period Lindsay won't be in my class. Thank god that we only have one subject together. The only thing I have to worry about is seeing her around the school.

I head out of the classroom. As I enter the corridor, I see my sister meeting up with her friend Emilynn. She asks my sister what all of the screaming was about. No doubt she and all of the surrounding classrooms, maybe even the entire school, would have heard us screaming. I walk behind them, wanting to know what Lindsay has to say about me to Emilynn. She always bad mouths me to her, making me look like the bad twin when she doesn't even look at herself to what kind of person she is. Neither of them took any notice of me walking behind them.

"What was the fight about this time?" Emilynn wanted to know.

Lindsay tells her, saying that I was the one who started it when truthfully that was a lie. If she had just minded her own business in the first place, then I wouldn't have gone off at her.

"So did you get the chance to ask Nathan out after all of the commotion?" Emilynn asks my sister once she finished explaining everything.

I raise my eyebrow. Was she seriously asking my sister that question, especially when her boyfriend could be nearby hearing the conservation just like I can?

Lindsay shakes her head. "No, I never got the chance to. He arrived late today, and then Alex and I got into the fight shortly afterwards. Besides, even if I did get the chance to, I have to make sure Simon wouldn't overhear."

"Oh yeah, I forgot he was in the same class."

I roll my eyes. Seriously? She has forgotten that Lindsay's lousy boyfriend is in the same classroom as the guy my sister is trying to flirt with. What does she see in Nathan Bridges anyway? I'm sure he is a jerk just like Simon is.

"You know you wouldn't have to worry about Simon overhearing you if you weren't two-timing him for Nathan," I say to her. She is going to kill me for interrupting her conservation, but it's not my fault that I can hear what she says.

The two of them stop to turn around to face me, annoyed that I have interrupted them.

"Excuse me, but this is a private conservation," Emilynn spits out at me. "No one asked you to join in."

I nod my head, wanting to laugh in her face. "Right, because if this was really a private conservation then there wouldn't be anyone else around to hear it."

"I'm not two-timing Simon yet," I tell her. "I'm just trying to find the right moment to ask Nathan out."

God, someone needs to smash some sense into her. Tell me how we are twins again?

"And you think asking him out while you're with Simon is the right thing to do!" I ask her, trying to restrain myself from yelling, but I wish everyone could hear it, especially Simon. "It's wrong, Lindsay! You can't date Nathan if you're already dating Simon. Imagine what Simon will feel if he finds out you are cheating on him. You don't need to date every single guy you come across. Just stick with one guy and stay the hell away from the others."

My sister just stares at me, like she is trying to work out what is going on inside my head, and wondering if the things I am even saying are true. I know she doesn't believe a word I'm saying. Or she does believe them, she knows I'm right but doesn't want to know it. She thinks that just because I'm fifteen minutes older than her, she reckons I can't tell her what to do. She's such a typical younger sibling. Always thinking she is better and doesn't have to listen to anything that I say.

"Who are you to tell me what to do?" Lindsay spits out at me.

 Rather than answering her question, I smirk at her, almost laughing. "You know, if you don't stop flirting with other guys, I'm going to tell Simon what you have been doing."