Chapter 1

In the photo above is what your house looks like, and in between is some trees and bushes. The bushes and trees separate your's and Mark's houses. And I added the song Everything Has Changed by Taylor Swift. It kind of inspired me in this chapter.

*at age 5*

Your POV

"(Y/n), we have to move away for a little while. Your daddy got a new job", your mom said. Your were only 5, so you couldn't protest or anything. But at the same time, you didn't understand. You thought your dad loved his job in the army. He was a mechanic, but being the 5 year old you are, the only part you understood was that he worked on big trucks.

"But, I thought daddy loved the army?", you said. "(Y/n), I found an even better job. One that won't send me away for a year again.", your dad explained. You were glad to hear that. H head to leave twice, and both times, he missed your 4th and 5th birthday. You didn't want him to leave agin, because you thought every time, he wouldn't come back.

"Okay, daddy. I understand.", you replied.

So with that, your parents packed up the moving truck and then started the voyage to your new home. You had to leave Shreveport, Louisiana, but you promised yourself, when you are older, you will come back. Once the car started, you sat on the passenger side and stared out the window. After about 15 minutes in the car, you fell asleep. You were going to be in your new home in about 12 hours, so you might as well got some sleep.

While driving, you dreamed about how the new neighborhood was going to be like. Hopefully, you will meet some new friends, and have play dates with them. You also start kindergarten when you get there. You were so excited to start all of this in you brand new home, a brand new start. But, you were also going to miss your family. Most of the family members you knew, lived in Louisiana and you didn't want to leave them behind. Your mom said y'all would be visiting a bunch of times, so you wouldn't miss them so much. You were glad to hear that.

First Time Skip (sorry!)

When you arrived at your new home, it was breathtaking. A two story home, with five bedrooms, four bathrooms, a playroom, kitchen, living room, dining room, it had everything! You ran inside, and instantly when up the stairs to pick out your new bedroom. You chose the room that had open space and a couple of windows. Through one window, you could see your neighbor's, kid's room. Inside was a little boy, he was about your age, so y'all would meet soon.

You ran to your mom, "Mommy, mommy! I picked out my room!", you said with joy. "Okay, sweetheart. Right now, we have to wait for the rest of the furniture to get here, but once it does, we will fix up your bedroom. Just they way you want it." You hugged her and muffled 'thank you' into her side. She hugged back.

After that, you helped get some of the toys out that you brought in your car and put them in your room. The one toy you always kept with you, was a pink bunny. His name was Mr.Bunny. This was your most prized possession and you never wanted to let him go. When you went to sleep, he was always there for you.

Your dad called you down for dinner and came rushing down the stairs. He made your favorite food, jambalaya(or change it to whatever its my fave XD). You grabbed a bowl, and sat criss cross on the floor where the couch should be, and talked to your parents.

"Mommy?", you said.

"Yes, sweetie?", she said.

"When does school start for me?", you replied.

"In just a couple of days! Aren't you excited?", she said

"Yes ma'am. But I'm also scared that I won't meet many new friends. What if they laugh at me since I'm new here?", you didn't lie. You thought the kids would just laugh because you were basically an outsider.

"They won't make fun of you. I promise, they will be excited to meet someone from a different state.", she said.

"Really?", you said.

"Really.", she said.

After dinner you went up to your room, and got out your (f/c) sleeping bag. You cuddled up to Mr. Bunny and looked outside the window. You saw the stars shining brighter than ever and you were glad to start school in a couple of days. While closing your eyes, you made one last wish before you slept. I hope I will make new friends.

The next day, the moving truck came. While the movers and your parents start to unload the truck, you ask your mom if you can go to the park that is right across the street, she said yes and to be careful. You nodded your head, grabbed Mr. Bunny, and took off. Once you got to the park, you went to the slide. At the top, you counted to three and slid down with Mr. Bunny.

After that, you went to your favorite, the swings. Before anything, you took Mr. Bunny back home so that he wouldn't get damaged, and you sat back on the swing. Three minutes later, a boy came and sat next to you. It was the same boy that you saw in your neighbor's house, through the window.

You blinked your eyes once he got your attention. He said, "Hi! My name is Mark, what's yours?" "(Y/n)", you said. "Are you my new neighbor?" You nodded your head and gave him a smile. He smiled back, "Well, I saw you leave your house and come to the park, so I thought I would meet you!", he said. "Well, its nice to meet you Mark.", you replied. "Do you want to be my friend?", he said.

Friend? He really wants to be my friend?....

"You really want to be my friend?", you asked. He shook his head yes. You couldn't believe it! You made your first friend in this new state. You said, "Okay! You know, your my first friend. I haven't met anyone else, so that makes you the first!" "Really? That's so cool!", he said back.

After talking for a little bit, he started to push you on the swings. You giggled, telling him to push you higher. He did, and your foot almost hit him, but he dodged it and laughed. Your mom came to check up on you, and she saw Mark. "(Y/n), did you make a new friend?", she asked. You nodded your head. She then said, "See, you made your first friend, the second day of being here." You and Mark looked at each other and laughed. You then looked at your mom and asked, "Can he come over later?" She said sure, and then both of you raced to your house. He beat you by a second.

"I win, I win!", he chanted.

"No fair, you cheated.", you pouted, but then laughed.

"Nu huh. You just stink.", he laughed.

"Whatever! Come see my room, its huge!", you said, as you both ran up the stairs.

"Wow this is HUGE!", he said. "Yea I know! And I can see your room from my window!", you said back.

You both went over to the window and looked. "Thats so cool! I can see you and you can see me. We can both hang out at each others houses when school is over!", he cheered. "Yeah!", you said. "Mark, your mom's here. It's time to go home!", your mom shouted. You both said 'aww' in unison, and laughed.

You both ran down the stairs, and met up with his mom. Before he left, you hugged each other and high fived. They then left and went back to his house.

After everything that happened today, you went up to your now fully arranged room. You laid on your bed and looked out the window to see if you can see Mark. Sure enough, you could and he saw you too. You both waved to each other, then he left and went to sleep. You got back in your bed and replayed the events in your head.

You made a new friend, hopefully, your new best friend.

Hey everyone! Im starting a new fanfic! Yay! I will still be doing the imagines, so request there and I will start updating this one. I hope everyone enjoys this one too. Let me know what you think in the comments, leave a like, and I will update frequently. I love you my ghost loves, bye!!