Chapter 2 "Leaving Home"

"Taylor! Taylor! Come back!" I scream and yell for him but not once does he turn around. Slowly I sit there, watching his large figure walk away from my lonely, weak one.

I don't know exactly what happened before this but it soon cuts to a different dream.

I am outside the gates of the Seattle County Juvenile Hall looking in at all of my friends and cellmate Jamie yelling and screaming at me to let them out. I get into the car with my mother not bothering to look back at them. As we drive away I look to my mother to ask her if we are going home but see that it is not her, it's Taylor.

"Goodbye Brody." He says this with hatred and venom. I realized we are now in the air, and my door is open. I am being sucked out, and Taylor makes no move to help me causing my heart to drop. Literally, as I am dropping hundreds of feet to the ground below. I see a lake thinking I could land in that and possibly survive. I am 100 feet from the lake when all of a sudden it turns to molten lava.

Right when I presumably hit the ground, I jolt awake screaming with a cold hand over my mouth. I look up to see Jamie mumbling calming words occasionally whispering a few profanities.

"Nightmares?" She asks me while slowly removing her hand from my mouth.

I simply nod. Having nightmares every night has been a regular ever since I have left that police officer. Jamie learned over time ways to calm me quicker. She is a master with words.

Jamie Lanter Cartel. My cellmate. there are really only three words you can use to describe Jamie.

1) Calming - She will always know the right things to say to you when you are riled up or freaked out which comes in handy with me.

2) Shy - The only people she hangs out with are me and my friends because of it.

3) Bittersweet - She is never too positive or too negative.

She gets out in 3 or 4 days. And that's when I realize I get out today.

I jolt up realizing what today is as tears start to well up in my eyes. She quickly runs over to me wrapping me in a giant hug while I cry into her shoulder. She and my mother are the only ones that have ever seen me cry.

Just then a guard bangs on the bars and starts to order me around, "Get everything you want to take with you," he says sliding a small bag in between the bars. I wipe my eyes with one hand and grab the bag with the other examining it.

It's black and white striped and it has four simple words on it in a light grey: Seattle County Juvenile Hall

"Be ready in 10 minutes. Your mother is here." Hearing these words makes me perk up and I realize she had a baby, while I was in here. Instead of dwelling too long on that thought, I start to pack up the little I have.

At the end the bag consists of a few small items:

- an MP3 player they gave me the first day I got here consisting of only 3 songs: Waves by Mr. Probz, Thrift Shop by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, and Shoot to Thrill by AC/DC.

- an issue of People magazine they gave me about six months ago.

- And last but not least my extra jumpsuit not wanting to leave it behind.

When I am done only 5 minutes have gone by so I decided to say goodbye to Jamie since it's not yet 7:30 and time for breakfast.

"Jay, I just wanted to say thank you." She looks up from her issue of Interview Magazine and starts to stand up. I pull her into a huge hug.