seven // why

(((part not text)))

bill: gabe

bill: gabe

bill: gabe

bill: i need you

gabe: you alright?????

bill: no i need to get out. i need to leave my house. my paren ta are fighting again but its wororsemthistime

gabe: okay. come over. now. youll be alright okay? ill take care of you. bring the kid.

bill: i love you

^*

William roused his little sister from
her sleep, telling her to grab some clothes and pack a backpack.

"We're going to Gabe's until it's clear, alright?"

"M-hm." She sniffled.

He slung his backpack over his shoulder and lead her down the dark stairs. He opened the door and she ran out, the creaks drowned out by the sound of the yelling in the kitchen.

He followed after her, taking her hand is his own palm, and they ran across te street, frantically knocking on Gabe's door.

"Bill?" Gabe said, whipping open the door.

"It's us." He muttered, as Courtney wrapped herself around him.

"We've got pizza for dinner. Just drop your stuff in the spare room. " He smiled, wrapping an arm around William.

"Thank you. Are your moms okay with this?"

"They know about your situation, Bill. Come on, put your stuff in my room then we can go eat. Also, my moms are gonna wanna pamper Court, so we're good for the night to talk. I know you've wanted to for a while."

"I have. Don't worry, it's nothing about a break-up."

"Good. Now come on." He said, pulling him down the stairs to put his bag down.

They returned from the basement for dinner, and they ate an entire box together, only to be yelled at by Gabe's moms.

After dinner, Courtney fell asleep, worn out.

^*

Gabe and William were laying down in the basement, fingers and legs intertwined.

"Can we talk now?" William asked.

"Sure. Uh, just. Yeah."

"Okay. I don't feel safe at my house. It's a battleground. And I was wondering if Court and I could stay for a while."

"Yeah! Of course you can! You guys are welcome anytime, Bill."

"Thank you so much." William whispered, twisting his hands in Gabe's shirt.

"I love you."