six // sunset

not text

gabe got off his bike, running up to the fromt door of bill's house.

he knocked, and little courtney opened the door, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"are you alright?"

"mom and dad won't stop arguing. ." she frowned.

"get bill for me and i'll take you guys to get ice cream. wanna go roller skating?" he asked, kneeling down at her.

"yeah! i'll go get him!" she smiled, running up the stairs, leaving gabe standing idle in the doorway.

"hey gabey-baby." william smiled at his boyfriend as he pressed a kiss to his cheek.

"ready to go?"

"yeah. court says you're taking us for ice cream and rollerskating. these better not be lies."

"they're not!" the eleven year old quipped. "gabe doesn't lie to us." she said, cracking her knuckles.

"woah. i'm not letting a kid beat me up. let's go. can i leave my bike here?"

"i guess." william shrugged.

he grabbed gabe's hand and courtney's in another and they walked down the road.

^*

courtney giggled between the two teenagers as they struggled not to fall down due to height.

"you guys are idiots. this, this is how you skate." she grinned, speeding between them, whizzing across the rink.

^*

gabe fell asleep with william's head on his chest, laying on his bed.

the sunset was brighter that night.