Invisible (Niam Horayne one shot)

Author's irritating note: I guess I don't know what inspired me I just felt like i need to write this idek I... yeah go on just read it

Liam's POV

I wandered inside the forest. It was our annual night-out-in-the-woods with my friends, Zayn, Harry and Louis. I don’t why I even have a walk out in the woods at this time. It’s evening and it’s dark. The only thing that gives me light is this flashlight in my hand. I guess it’s because I just need time for myself. Living in London is such a stressful thing if you’re working there. I need some place to relax…not that I can’t relax with those three… they’re my best mates but I can’t keep my eyes closed if they’re nearby—specially Louis. He’ll do anything just to piss me off like poking my sides, hurdling me whenever I’m trying to sleep, and one time, he even shaved off my a portion of my eyebrows! (Well, he’s not the one who did it, it was Zayn but he made him do that so basically, it’s still him.) Yeah, I admit, I can’t relax with those boys by my side. Sure I’m having a lot of fun with them but if I want to unwind, those three is a no-go.

                Suddenly, I felt something wet touch my skin. I looked up. Yep. It certainly is raining. I have walked too far from the cottage we’ve been staying. I looked around and luckily, there’s an old and probably, abandoned house nearby. I sighed in relief. Well, I guess this house will do, maybe I’ll go back if the rain stopped.

                I entered the empty house and looked around. It was dusty and so…old. It was actually quite scary. “Hello?” I called out just to be sure that I’m all alone. No answer, just as I thought. I sat at the couch and texted the boys. I sighed and got up. I went upstairs to check out the mansion. It was quite big…I wonder who lived here before.

                Suddenly, I heard a sound of piano playing. I froze. I’m having goose bumps all over my body. “I-is anybody t-there?” I stammered. No answer. I walked at the hallway, following the trail of sound. I ended up in front of a room. I slowly opened the door.

                I came face to face a boy with blonde hair and dull blue eyes. “Hi…Uh, I’m sorry if I trespassed, it’s just…I don’t have a place to stay and I found this house and I thought it’s empty so…” I tried to explain but the boy just stared back at me blankly. “My name is Liam Payne.” I introduced. He just stared at me. “Is it okay if I stayed here for the night?” I asked. To my relief, he nodded.

 “What’s your name? If you don’t mind me asking.” I inquired.

“Niall…Niall Horan.” The boy said, and then he returned to playing the piano.

“Are you all alone here?”

“I guess so.”

“How old are you?”

“19.”

“Oh, we’re the same!”

“Is that a great thing?”

“Maybe?”

“Yeah maybe.”

“Are there times when you’re quite bored? I mean, you’re alone with no one to talk to.”

“No. I have my piano.”

“I see…You’re good. At playing the piano.” I complemented but he just stayed focused on his piano. I stared at his eyes. It was like there’s something missing I just can’t pin point what it is.

“W-what year is it?” Niall suddenly asked.

“2013.” I answered. Niall sighed in what looks like disbelief. He looked at me straight in the eyes.