Chapter 2

2 Weeks Later
Cara's POV

School starts today! Scary stuff, I can't wait to see Kendall again. We have met up a couple of times, at the park, but never for any longer than an hour! Poppy and Chloe are going to different schools than me, therefore they won't be dropping me off anymore, like they used to in England. Anyway I have to take a school bus, at least Kendall will be there; else I would probably be freaking out.

There was one massive advantage to school in America though. No school uniform! Goodbye ties and blazers, hello home clothes. Tomboy Goofball, are the two words that describe me, perfectly, it kind of reflects in my style as well. Furthermore, I just throw on a pair of jeans and any old top I can find. Kendall however is the complete opposite, she was dressed up from head to toe. Let's just say she looks like a supermodel and I look like the cleaner.

I'm waiting for the bus with Kendall, we are currently just discussing what second grade is going to be like. Suddenly a huge yellow bus turned the corner and a rampage of roaring children ran to get the best seats. Kendall and I didn't want to get injured so we stayed as far back as possible.

Finally we are at the front of the queue, unfortunately there aren't any seats left for us to sit next to each other. Kendall told me that she was going to sit with Gigi, her friend from kindergarten. Leaving me by myself, I slipped next to a ginger haired boy, who wasn't paying attention to anybody. It seemed as though he had earphones in but I couldn't see clearly.

The bus journey was kind of boring. I could hear Kendall and all of her old friends joking around. I'll admit I was extremely jealous until we arrived at Longfellow. Kendall apologised for abandoning me but I just shook it off and responded with an 'it's fine!'

I had to check what class I was in, hence why I am now heading to the office with Kendall.

"Hey Mary! This is Cara Delevingne, she's from England. I think she needs to know what class she is in." Kendall informed the lady at the desk.
"Ahh right. Thank you Kendall; so Cara how are you finding America?" Mary asked me.
"Well the people are certainly louder and kind of friendlier. It is strange though. Everything is different here, even the years that we are in!" I replied. Mary chuckled, then said that I was to be in Miss Knight's class. Kendall seemed quite ecstatic about that, so I assumed that I was to be in the same class as her.

We entered the classroom quite a bit later then everyone else. Meaning that we had managed to gather lots of unwanted attention. I noticed that even the desks were different. Kendall then introduced me to Miss Knight.

"Miss Knight, this is Cara Delevingne. She's moved here from England, also she doesn't understand very much of the things we do in school so is it a problem if I become her buddy?" Kendall questioned Miss Knight.
"Of course Kendall," Miss Knight turned to the rest of the class, "right everyone we have a new student all the way from England! Her name is Cara and we aren't going to bombard her okay?"
"Yes Miss Knight." The room bellowed simultaneously.

Kendall got us two desks at the back of the classroom. First of all Miss Knight played a game with us, in order for us to get to know each other better. We went around the classroom, said our names and a fact about ourselves. As usual I didn't really concentrate so I only picked up something about a Lily liking Fast and Furious and a Juliette who does rowing.

The ginger boy, I sat next to on the bus, is called Ed, my accusations were right as he declared his passion for music. Gigi was giving me death glares the whole time, she just blurted out about the fact that she enjoyed shopping, make up and a load of other stuff that she was way too young to be into anyway.

When it reached me I had no idea what to say so I just called out "my name is Cara Delevingne and I am a complete and utter tomboy." Gigi snickered at this point, Kendall threw a 'shut up' look at her as I started to blush.

The next couple of hours dragged on like they would in any school. Break time or recess, as they call it here, was okay. Kendall showed me around the school some more, while we were eating a snack.

It is 12:30 right now so everyone is getting ready for lunch. Luckily I didn't have to queue up for hot meals, thanks to my Dad. Kendall also had a packed lunch, therefore I thought we would sit next to one another but Gigi grabbed Kendall as soon as were in the lunch hall. I gave Kendall a 'please come and sit with me' look but Gigi whispered something in her ear making her turn away from me.

For the rest of the day Kendall ignored me, then she sat with the others on the bus again. All in all not my favourite day!

When I got home Chloe queried about my first experience at an American school. I blew off.
"Great, except from the fact that no one likes me!" I yelled at Chloe.
"I'm sure that's not true Cara..." Poppy assured me.
"Ok well you spend a day in my place then, if you're so certain Poppy!" I screamed.
"Woah, woah, woah. Cara calm down and come into the living room." Dad announced, as he came downstairs to see what all the noise is about.

I grumpily stormed into the living room, sat down on the sofa and grabbed a pillow to stop me from lashing out in anger. Dad came in.
"Right Cara. You need to calm down, that's five times in two weeks I've had to tell you off, due to your anger." Dad warned me. "If it happens again you're in huge trouble! Understand?"
"Yes Dad." I timidly answered.

I used the rest of the evening to explore the garden and also to keep away from my family. Not only do I feel miserable at school, but things at home are starting to get heated. I just hope that it will get better tomorrow. Maybe Kendall will come round to her senses and hang around with me.

I didn't sleep much that night however when I did I was haunted by nightmares...

A/N
Here you go! New update, I know Gigi is not like this in real life and I love her it's just that it works with the story better! Thank you for reading, I love you all.