Chapter 34- thicker than water

Start from the beginning

"She's the owner of this hotel."

Celseste stated. Apparently she was reading as well. me "What's the name of thus hotel again?" I asked while turning around to face Sophia.

"Wright by your side." Wright

"As in.... Alana Wright."

Or Malcolm Wright my subconscious reminded me.

"Check the security systems. Maybe there's a video we can watch about what happened that night. This has something to do with Robin's debt. I'm sure of it."

I had no idea where this confidence of mine was coming from but I sure hoped it wouldn't leave. Not yet at least.

Harley sat down next to me, practically pushing me off the chair, and began typing like a madman.

My poor eyes barely caught what was going on inside the screen.

"Hey check it out, this happened a few months ago."

Harley exclaimed.

Excited, I watched the video eagerly.

At first all I saw were bodies, shmooshed together on the dance floor.

A sea of people, practically immobile, yet they seemed to be having the best time ever.

Suddenly I spotted a familiar looking face, hunched in a corner near the bar. I recognized him immediately, especially since he was wearing the T-shirt I gave him last Christmas.

I told Harley to zoom and increase the volume a notch.

He was a approached by a girl, a very familiar girl I might add, and after a moment of chit-chat, they proceeded upstairs to do who-knows-what.

I had to bite my tongue to stop myself from cussing loudly.

I glanced at Sophia. Her eyes were narrowed and cold.

Pig.

I thought to myself.

I forwarded the video to a couple hours later.

"Look" I said pointing out the gambling scene where Robin won at least 60,000 dollars.

"This doesn't make any sense. How did he end up owing all that money to that guy?"

Harley grumbled frustrated.

Speaking of that guy....

"He seems familiar. I think I've seen him in a magazine before."

I said , thinking out loud.

Celeste perked up.

"FINALLY! Something I can help with."

She rumaged around her bag for a moment before tossing me the latest business magazine.

On the cover was 'the guy' himself.

"Wait, that's Demetri Wright? That's Malcolm's dad? That's the creep that Robin owes money to?"

Harley said sounding frustrated.

"Were missing something."

I grumbled.

"No duh."

Harley looked at me expectantly.

I was about yo turn around when something on the computer screen caught my eye.

"Zoom! Now!" I demanded.

I sounded frantic and just plain weird but I couldn't care less. This may be the missing piece.

Harley did as instructed and we watched the video clip in complete and utter silence.

"So Robin blew Alana off, and Alana tried to get revenge"

I remained silent as I watched Alana retreat into the dark shadows of the club, where another figure stood waiting for her.

My heart clenched in my chest as I tried to make sense of the scene unfolding in front of me.

"What is he doing there!?"

Harley practically shouted.

I couldn't make out what they were saying but the figure gave Alana a necklace, a diamond necklace, and then left.

I recognized the figure of course. How could I not?

Alana began speaking to herself.

"Volume volume volume!" Sophia said frantically.

"....so I'll frame him. Teach him a lesson for messing with me..... Diamond necklace....one night stand....."

It was incredibly hard to understand due to the fact that she was standing in a crowded club but we got the message.

Alana had framed Robin.

And she had help.

"Well well well, look who we have here."

A very familiar voice said with pleasure.

I turned around and saw a figure standing in the doorway. The same figure from the video.

My blood was pumping in my veins, filled with rage.

Saying his name, brought a bitter taste to my mouth.

But I said it anyway. I said it with distaste, and disgust.

I guess blood truly is thicker than water.

"Malcolm."