<>Chapter One<>

Jade's POV:

I walk down the corridor, lightly playing with my midnight black hair. It was yet another silent night, which was not particularly the reason I was awake.

Some nights, I like to roam the base the Reds, Blues and I live in. It is spacious, with craters mostly hiding the corners with only little room left behind it.

I stopped in my tracks. "Why are you up so late, gorgeous?" A male voice said behind me. He had dark gray armor with orange linings. Who the hell is he?

I pulled out my knife from it's holder, cautiously watching him for any attacks. "Why the hell do you care? Besides, why are you here? Get out." I snapped at him. He tilted his head to the side, coming closer. "Feisty, huh? I like it." He said flirtatiously. He was about to speak up again until a man with matching dark gray armor and dark green linings appeared next to him.

"Stop flirting with the enemy and kill-" He paused and he stared at me. I raised an eyebrow, twirling my knife in the air.

He woke up from his trance and continued. He cleared his throat. "I'm sorry about Felix's behavior. He can be... distracting at some moments." The man next to I think Felix apologized, his voice left no trail of emotions.

"Uhm, ok?" I replied awkwardly, blushing. Why the hell was I blushing, you ask? I really don't know.

"Get the hell away from her." A familiar voice growled behind them. Wash?

"Agent Washington, we meet again. I think we need to have a chat." The man said disapprovingly.

"Just stay away from Jade!" He growled louder, running towards me and pulling me into his chest. I winced at the impact but recovered quickly. No, Wash and I were not a thing. He can just be over protective sometimes. Ok... Maybe most of the time.

"What the fuck is going on?" Grif mumbled from behind Wash. Standing there was all the Reds and Blues. Simmons rubbed his eyes and yawned. Tucker gave Wash a look that I didn't seem to understand very well.

"Get her." The man demanded. "Whatever Loco Locus." Felix taunted, sprinting towards Wash and I. So his name was Locus? Wash snarled at Felix but Felix just grabbed me from Wash's arms, dragging me towards Locus. Locus pulled out this futuristic looking grenade and threw it on the ground as Felix pulled me closer to him.

The last thing I heard from Wash was,

"Don't leave me."
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Sorry for the short chapter! This is my first book so I am kind of adjusting to the feel. Picture on the top is the cover if it isn't loading for you. Thank you for reading!

Also, I just want to say that this book was inspired by @YourDailyFabulous. I love her RVB books and I think you should check hers out! Until next time, Goodbye!