Chapter 10 The Final Chapter

Gajeel froze. Literally not realizing what was happening. He felt the pressure of Levy's hug tighten. She was shaking. Not knowing what else to do, he hugged her back. When his hands touched her back she stopped shaking with a sigh or relief, knowing Gajeel felt the same way. None of them spoke. They both stood in front of Gajeel's grave locked in a hug.

"So..." Gajeel said hesitantly, obviously enjoying the situation he was in. "Is anyone gonna tear this thing down? I mean, I'm obviously not dead..." He continued.

Levy didn't respond, she only hugged him tighter.

"You gonna stay there all day?" Gajeel asked her with a smile.

She nodded, her face still pressed against Gajeel's stomach.

Gajeel smiled. Well, I'm going home so obviously, you're coming with me.

Levy nodded again, still not moving away.

Gajeel picked her up and started walking to his house. Levy was still attached to him but her arms were more relaxed.

They got to Gajeel's house and Gajeel sat on the couch with Levy still attached to him. He was clueless as to what was happening. The only thing he had on his mind was what Thanatos said.

"Oh.... But it is only the beginning, Black Steel."

"damn... What did he mean? Is he coming back?!" He asked himself. "I can't be worrying about that now..." he looked down at Levy and smiled. "Hey, Shrimp, you're awake right?" he asked.

"Yeah." She replied softly.

"It's getting dark out. You're staying at my place for tonight." He said.

Levy lifted her face off of Gajeel and looked him straight in the eye. "Here?! Are you sure?..." she asked nervously.

"I ain't gonna let you walk outside after dark." he said slightly angered.

"You know I would be just fine..." She looked away slightly.

"I left you alone for you long after my disappearance. I ain't letting you out of my sight!" Gajeel said. He looked away slightly. "So you ain't leaving my side..."

Levy's face went red. "What do you mean by that...?" She asked nervously

"You gonna live here or not?!" Gajeel yelled.

"Live here?!" Levy paused. "I don't want to cause you trouble." She argued.

"You'd cause me more problems if you didn't, so I've decided to keep you here." Gajeel argued. Levy stayed silent for a moment, not knowing what to say. "H-Hey, if you don't want to, just say it but don't leave me hanging!" Gajeel Snapped.

"I'll be back." Levy said with a smile.

"Wait, you gotta give me an answer first!" He demanded.

"Well, I assumed since I was going to get my things, that would be a solid answer." She smiled.

Gajeel looked away, his face flushing a light pink. "it's dark, I'm coming with you..."

Levy's face went pink. "Thats fine..."

They both walked out of Gajeel's house. They walked side by side and didn't say anything.

"You know I'll have to wait outside. That bitch, Erza would kill me if I set foot in there!" Gajeel said, breaking the silence.

"I know." Levy replied, her face beat red

"Hey, you know, you could at least say something more." Gajeel said.

"Sorry." She said as her face got even redder. They reached Fairy Hills and Levy went to get her things.

A gust of wind suddenly blew past Gajeel. He heard a familiar voice he wished he'd never hear again. "You care about that girl, don't you?"

Gajeel quickly turned around in shock. No one was there.

"Then you'd better be prepared to protect her with your life." The voice said again.

"Whoever you are, show yourself!" He snapped.

"That won't do... See, the last time we met, I dispersed into the air." The voice disappeared with another gust of wind.

Gajeel broke into a slight nervous sweat. "T-Thanatos..." He whispered

Levy came running out of Fairy Hills. "You ready to go?" She asked.

Gajeel quickly walked next to her side. He held her hand. "Don't leave my side... Ever." He said while defensively looking around.

Levy's face went red. "O-Okay..." She replied in surprise. The redness in her face went away after they walked for a while. "Is something bothering you Gajeel?" She asked in concern.

"No, everything's fine." He replied as they walked back home.

"Thanatos is trying to get to me, I'm not going to fall for it! I'm not going to loose to him!" He said determined not to fall again.

The End!!!!

Alright guys!!!! That's it for this story. I'm gonna start thinking about the sequel soon! Luckily for you guys, I'm sick as hell so I have a lot of thinking time XD I'll probably be updating a lot today. But to end this story, I don't think it was too bad. Anyways, I have an idea of how to end the sequel but I have no idea how to start it XD I'm gonna write the ending down so I don't forget because I think it's a great idea. But it's a freestyle so this idea has no relation to any actual powers in the anime or the manga, keep that in mind so you don't get your hopes up about seeing what it'll look like in the actual show. Sorry XD. Either way, I hope you liked this final chapter!!!! See you all in the Sequel!!!!!!!

Special Dedications:

chello_8893
Infinite_Midnight
Ginger24013
sempiternalhiraeth